RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR Public Safety are currently recruiting on behalf of our policing client based in Warwickshire for a Head of Digital Services.
This is a full time, permanent role and offers a salary of £95,000.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Digital Services portfolio, ensuring and sustaining efficient and effective service delivery aligned to force, operational and customer needs.
- Act as the organisation’s senior specialist in Digital Services, representing the force at a high level, both internally and externally.
- Identify, influence and translate emerging digital trends and technologies, and ensure the force is able to respond effectively to any opportunities and minimise potential associated risks.
- Head of profession in respect of all Digital Services’ functions, providing expert advice, guidance, interpretation and support to executive, managers and senior stakeholder in support of corporate decision-making.
- Lead and take accountability to plan, develop and implement Digital Services strategy in order to deliver the corporate strategy.
- Ensure that digital initiatives are fully integrated with the strategic planning process and strategy is translated into projects and work plans which are delivered effectively.
- Deliver service excellence through management of performance (People, Process/Service and Technology), financial management, contract management and compliance with all relevant policies and legislation.
- Deliver a fit-for-purpose performance management system which is monitored and is managed in a way that enables the timely reporting of performance information to the organisation, provides business insight and intelligence, facilitates the holding to account of external providers as well as in house resources, and supports operational and strategic decision making.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the Digital Services team by providing direction and continual professional development.
- Ensure effective proactive financial management of all aspect of the Digital Services budget.
- Ensure effective risk management, incident response and business continuity is in place across systems, resources and suppliers to mitigate service failure and deliver high trust in the availability and quality of digital services.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or have substantial relevant knowledge gained through direct experience in leadership in a directly relevant environment.
- Current and up to date knowledge and understanding of Digital Services Industry Best Practice, standards, frameworks and guidelines.
- Experience of leading all Digital Services arrangements in a large complex multi-faceted organisation.
- Experience in building high-performing diverse and inclusive teams, establishing and owning key performance indicators whilst raising performance levels and developing critical capabilities.
- Experience of successful enabling of organisational change through development and delivery of Digital Services strategy and successful management of large-scale digital programmes and projects.
- Experience of successful commercial engagement with suppliers and consultants.
- Experience of managing an organisation’s Digital Services revenue and capital budgets and of whole life costing.
- Track record of developing strong working relationships with a wide number of stakeholders - internal and external.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Public Safety is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.