RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR Public Safety and West Midland Police are currently recruiting for a Workplace Services Officer to be based in Birmingham.
This is fixed term contract for 12 months and offers a salary of £24,552 to £27,690.
This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, with a range of flexible working patterns available ranging between 7am until 6pm.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to participate in an out-of-hours on-call roster (approximately one week in five) for which an additional on-call allowance is paid (approximately £225 per week whilst on call).
- Supporting the coordination of approved planned, remedial, and estate project works to ensure delivery on schedule and to budget.
- Coordinating all reactive and planned maintenance and servicing by contractors.
- Coordinating the effects of planned and reactive works on business as usual processes, liaising with relevant stakeholders, including dealing with emergencies and reassuring all relevant parties.
- Ensuring required work is delivered by approved vetted contractors as per site security requirements.
- Assessing and actioning customer enquiries and reports of building defects via bespoke reporting systems within agreed KPI targets.
- Liaising with Surveyors and contractors in relation to building and security issues, repairs and improvements.
- Undertaking general administrative responsibilities to ensure physical site security requirements are effective (e.g. issuing security fobs, ensuring escorting of contract).
- Providing support to Managers with advice and guidance in relation to office moves, providing plans if required of options for office design, and to work closely with the IT team in relation to physical moves.
- Overseeing purchasing procedures, ensuring they are in line with contracts and best value, ensuring financial regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide guidance and supervision to other members of the team as necessary.
- Full driving license and access to own vehicle is essential, (mileage allowance is paid).
- Must be willing to work as part of an on-call roster system with other members of the team (covering evening/night and weekend periods).
- Proven experience of working in a similar role in a multi-site facilities management environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the organisation.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment, prioritising tasks and managing conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimal referral, making decisions alone and escalating where appropriate.
- Experience of maintaining electronic filing systems or records and working to a high level of detail and accuracy.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Public Safety is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.