RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting on behalf of our client based in Durham for a Recovery Coordinator.
This is a full time, temporary ongoing role and offers a rate of pay of £17 per hour.
Own transport is essential.
- Manage a service user caseload, devising, implementing and reviewing on-going recovery plans and treatment, liaising closely with the full range of workers and skills within the service team, including family members and significant others as appropriate.
- Carry out triage/screening assessments and comprehensive assessments with service users.
- Work collaboratively with partner agencies to undertake shared assessments, key working and interventions to promote individual service user progression from engagement, through structured treatment to self-sustained recovery.
- Facilitate service user access to treatment and community resources to increase recovery and social capital, supporting service users and their families within their local community.
- Lead effective case management for allocated service users, including on-going processes such as risk assessments, risk management plans and safeguarding assessments and plans
- Work closely and collaboratively within the multi-disciplinary team across the service and externally, providing reports and information to managers and other colleagues, through attendance at reviews, team meetings, supervision and via telephone conversations.
- Improve outcomes for children, parents/carers and families of services users by reducing the impact of drug and alcohol related harm on family life and promote positive family involvement in recovery.
- Develop and deliver quality programs and packages of work/ psychosocial interventions that meet local need across both group work and one to one formats.
- Support delivery of key service functions through actively participating in drug screening, duty work, access to BBV testing and immunisation service provision, community needle exchange services and the ongoing delivery of appropriate, tailored alcohol and drug harm reduction interventions.
- Reduce substance related harm to the individual and wider community.
- Work in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies & procedures and guidelines – both internal and external.
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or above or equivalent) or willing to work towards this.
- Relevant professional qualification is desirable e.g. addiction studies, counselling, social work, therapeutic qualification.
- Ability to effectively engage with clients about their drug use through good verbal and non-verbal communication skills whilst maintaining boundaries.
- Able to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships within the staff team and with external partners using communication skills appropriately.
- Ability to use a case management system. understanding of the complex needs experienced by those with a history of problematic alcohol or drug misuse including physical, psychological, mental health, legal, parenting and family support needs.
- Ability to assess the complex needs of service users; to identify risks and formulate robust risk management plans; to review recovery plans; and to monitor outcomes in partnership with service users.
- Able to manage a high caseload effectively, keeping up to date with appointments and case recording.
- An understanding of and ability to implement interventions, including brief interventions MI, PSIs, CBT and ITEP.
- Knowledge of harm reduction approaches in relation to substance misuse.
This role requires prison clearance. If you do not have current clearance you must be prepared to apply for clearance asap as this can take up to 3 months to clear.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to Rebecca.Poulton-Tonks@rsg.ltd
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.