Red Snapper Recruitment (RSR) is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist.
We assist public safety employers find the right talent.
RSR Justice is a leading recruitment service provider for the offender management, specialist support and direct supervision roles.
We are working with Recoop to recruit an Older Prisoner Well-being Co-Ordinator.
Recoop is a subsidiary within in the BCHA Group and a charity in its own right. Recoop aspires to be the leader in the delivery of knowledge and expertise to older people who come in contact with the criminal justice system, supporters and the staff who work with them. We will use the views of the people we work with to influence and direct the services that should be delivered.
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate meaningful activity for the older population resident in HMP Lowdham Grange providing high quality, innovative, holistic, responsive support, advice and intervention to ensure the needs of these men who often experience multiple and complex disadvantages are met.
Role: Older Prisoner Well-being Co-Ordinator.
Location: HMP Lowdham Grange, Nottinghamshire
Vacancy type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Salary: £22,367 - £25623 per annum
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure delivery of services that will promote positive health and wellbeing.
- Identify appropriate activities to provide support, information and advice to older prisoners related to the pathways to reducing re-offending.
- Develop a timetable of events and promote prison wide
- Engage with other departments drawing on additional support
- Collect appropriate monitoring and evaluation information.
- Carry out other duties as required by Service Manager/Buddy Lead which are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Contribute to the development of innovative services.
- To work within the contract, policies, procedures and budgets set by the Recoop Management Team and Board.
- To work closely with the RECOOP Management team to secure the resources for operational delivery.
- Provide person-centred and strength based activities that reflect the rights, preferences and choices of individuals creating an environment that is trauma informed, safe, healthy and maintains the individual’s dignity and well-being.
- Communicate a positive work ethic and team working culture encouraging co-design and co delivery methods.
- Provide excellent customer care and service delivery standards
- Ensure that all files (paper and electronic) are maintained in a meticulous order for audit review purposes and that data is shared responsibly, maintaining accurate and complete records.
- Ensure all data and information relating to clients is accurate and shared in the appropriate way with key stakeholders.
- Deliver and collate the agreed key performance indicators (KPIs) as agreed with Service Manager/Buddy Lead.
- Carry out day to day tasks in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations to assist the service achieve its compliance obligations.
- Provide an environment that is free from abuse or neglect, observing agreed safeguarding practices; promote and safeguard the welfare of vulnerable men who access the service.
- Support referrals into and on from the service with colleagues, volunteers, peer mentors as appropriate, ensuring standards are maintained and men receive the most appropriate support.
- To identify and source community appropriate agencies and guest speakers to provide information and support for the men and in relation to their presenting needs.
- Work with Service Manager/Buddy Lead to ensure the collaborative development of services, effective team working, mutual respect and support to colleagues.
- Working with the Digital and Data Development Officer within Recoop to develop consistent data, good practice and case studies and quality approaches and structures.
- Educated to at least “A” level, DipSW or NVQ level 3.
- Teaching or training qualifications (Hold or willing to work towards PTTLs).
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Experience of working with older people, individuals in the Criminal justice system or social care setting.
- Experience of collating and monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Experience writing reports, letters and other correspondence.
- High level of IT literacy, including MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences
- Strong motivational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative; outcome focused – emphasis on action, delivery, results and performance
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to be both challenging and co-operative.
- Ability to plan ahead, work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to effectively multi-task on a planned basis.
- Ability to be tenacious and solution focused.
- Ability to lone work.
- Displays resilience.
- Access to home based broad band.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Rebecca.Poulton-Tonks@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.