Red Snapper Recruitment (RSR) is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist.
We assist public safety employers find the right talent.
RSR Justice is a leading recruitment service provider for the offender management, specialist support and direct supervision roles.
We are working with Recoop to recruit a Service Manager/Buddy Lead.
Recoop is a subsidiary within in the BCHA Group and a charity in its own right. Recoop aspires to be the leader in the delivery of knowledge and expertise to older people who come in contact with the criminal justice system, supporters and the staff who work with them. We will use the views of the people we work with to influence and direct the services that should be delivered.
The purpose of the role is to manage the Recoop Team at HMP Lowdham Grange (currently 1 full time Older Prisoner Co-ordinator) and to co-ordinate the training, supervision and management of the Buddy Support Worker programme at HMP Lowdham Grange. To provide high quality, innovative, holistic, responsive support, advice and intervention to ensure the needs of those who have health and social care needs are supported and to develop the additional work streams in line with the Contract.
Role: Service Manager/Buddy Lead
Location: HMP Lowdham Grange, Nottinghamshire
Vacancy type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full time)
Salary: £25,623 per annum
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supports direct reports in developing a positive culture within the organisation and across the prison cluster.
- Positively and clearly represents the organisation at a strategic level, within agreed parameters.
- Sets a clear vision, based on the Recoop business and development plans and supports direct reports in translating this into business development activity/plans and meaningful targets for their area.
- Communicates business and Contract imperatives appropriately and in a timely way, ensuring that team have a full understanding of the message.
- Participate in and provide to your direct report, regular line management and supervision
- Builds and maintains a dynamic, stretching and energised Team
- To work within the Contract, the policies, procedures and budgets set by the Recoop Management Team & Board.
- To work closely with the Regional Manager, the Recoop Management Team and HMP Lowdham Grange staff managing the development and delivery of work-streams during the life of the contract.
- To train, plan and deliver the Buddy Support Worker programme, using the modules and resources available, providing a consistent, quality service and enabling your direct report to implement and manage their service to the same exacting standards
- To ensure the organisational and individual statutory responsibilities are met with regards to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote the engagement and retention of Buddies through delivery, observations and supervision, providing support and follow up training where required
- Adhere to all prison health, safety and risk requirements including risk assessment of course delivery and Buddy engagement, adhering to Prison Service Instructions (PSIs) and all appropriate procedural requirements.
- To promote equality and diversity and appropriate Buddy conduct throughout all delivery and Buddy engagement.
- Schedule monthly Buddy Forums allowing for sharing of good practice and for concerns to be raised.
- Work alongside nominated Wing Officers and Managers enabling them to support the Buddies on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that all files (paper and electronic) are maintained in a meticulous order for audit review purposes and maintaining accurate and complete records. All data and information relating to clients is accurate and shared in the appropriate way with key stakeholders
- Work with the Data Manager and other business growth partners within Recoop to develop consistent data and quality approaches and structures.
- Educated to at least “A” level or NVQ Level 3.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of working with older people, individuals in the Criminal Justice system or a social care setting.
- IT Skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Practical approach to organising and time management.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and in writing with people of all levels.
- Knowledge of current diversity issues.
- Working within a team environment and individually in order to reach team and business goals.
- Experience of arranging and delivering group activities and workshops.
- Confident in delivering group or one to one sessions.
- Familiar with working within quality assurance frameworks.
- Strong Administrative Skills.
- Excellent communication with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and motivational skills.
- High levels of political awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work remotely and on own initiative; outcome focused – emphasis on action, delivery, results and performance.
- Ability to be tenacious and solution focused.
- Ability to plan ahead, work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to effectively multi-task on a planned basis.
- Clear awareness of professional boundaries.
- A confident, professional and calm manner at all times, even under pressure.
- Highly motivated displaying initiative and determination.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Rebecca.Poulton-Tonks@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.