RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR Public Safety are currently recruiting on behalf of our policing client based in Worcestershire for a Security Operations Manager.
This is a full time, permanent role and offers a salary of £57,042.30.
- Provide expert technical security operational advice and associated assurance to all ICT-based projects and other technical ICT activities regarding security controls and monitoring.
- To be the professional lead on operational technical security on behalf of Digital Services.
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, review policies and procedures to address the emerging and changing threats.
- Represent Digital Services internally and externally, on matters of ICT operational security, including linking with NPIRMT and other national bodies.
- Ensure daily management, administration and maintenance of security devices and procedures to achieve operational effectiveness.
- Ensure threat management, threat modelling, identifying threat vectors and developing use cases for security monitoring.
- Create reports, dashboards, metrics for security operations and presentation to Senior Management and security stakeholders.
- Participate in and constructively contribute to internal security forums, ensuring that ICT security actions are aligned to organisational priority and need.
- Develop and maintain ICT security architectures, protocols, operating procedures, and a register of active security controls.
- Work with the IT Security Officer to provide technical input for accreditation required as part of access to secure policing and/or government environments.
- Support the Service Manager on operational ICT continuity and recovery testing and associated activities.
- Provide technical specifications and be the primary liaison for independent technical security health checks (penetration testing), taking responsibility for ensuring the timely implementation of agreed remedial actions.
- Ensure that the organisation has effective security services in place for intrusion detection, prevention and mitigation.
- Undertake impact assessments of new legislation, threats, ICT suppliers, and solutions, and to initiate new or changed ICT security controls, protocols or procedures, in conjunction with the ITSO.
- Educated to diploma level (Level 5) in an ICT related discipline.
- Professional qualifications in technical security, one or more recognised Security Qualifications such as ISC2’s Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or HMG’s CESG Certified Professional (CCP), or equivalent academic or professional security qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of current Information Technology Standards and Techniques (including ISO 27001 series, HMG’s Cloud Security Principles and Cyber Essentials).
- Extensive knowledge of the HMG Security Policy Framework and associated CESG (now NCSC) IA Policy Portfolio.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Technical Security issues and trends that impact upon information security.
- Knowledge of Application Portfolio Management (APM) for managing enterprise IT software applications and software-based services.
- Significant experience being the organisational lead on technical security.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Natalie.Begley@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Public Safety is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.