RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for a Criminal Justice Support Worker for a charity that help ex-offenders, prisoners, and those at risk of offending to live crime-free.
This is a permanent role, paying £22,633 per annum, based in Bedford.
Purpose of the Role
To assist in the provision of an efficient and effective service to support client engagement through the delivery of day-to-day services within the Project and the community to clients who are managed under MAPPA arrangements, accommodated via our Ministry of Justice contract. The service aims to engage with clients to reconnect with communities, develop independent living skills, and help clients to live crime-free lives. To support Clients to achieve the aims laid out in their Care/Support Plan.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Key work: To key work and support Clients generally within your project, and to act as the Key Worker to designated clients managed under MAPPA arrangements. To support the arrangement and delivery of purposeful activities for clients in line with their support plans and in line with Project budgets.
- Risk management: To take an active role in the assessment and management of risk including the operation of physical and situational security measures to control the level of risk posed to the public, staff and other Clients. This may include administering drug/alcohol tests as requested by your manager.
- Client file: To regularly utilise the ‘Client File’ with designated Clients to ensure that they are supported and empowered to achieve appropriate outcomes. To maintain confidentiality of client and staff data in line with Group procedure.
- Support: To provide support and guidance to fellow Support Workers to assist them in the safe delivery of the service, and to support them and fellow Keyworkers in spending sufficient time with Clients to help them achieve the aims of their support/care plan.
- Medication: To ensure that all medication within the project is managed in line with Trust policy and procedures.
- Participation: To consistently engage with clients in a pro-social manner, contributing to the positive environment of the accommodation. To ensure that Clients are able to participate as fully as possible in the life of the project.
- Able to support the Christian Ethos and values of the Group
- Commitment to work for, and obtain, a qualification deemed relevant to the post, e.g. QCF in Community Justice or similar
- Literate to write letters and reports
- Numerate to complete statistical returns
- Relates well to people of any background
- Be able to work in a challenging and demanding environment
- Good listening and speaking skills
- Able to deal discretely with delicate matters
- Fully supportive of equal opportunities for all
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable and able to manage own workload
You will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check to be considered for this post.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Natalie.Begley@rsg.ltd
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.