RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
RSR are currently recruiting for a Probation Service Officer to undertake a Bail Information Officer position across various prisons and courts across the North West.
Post holders will undertake a full range of work with defendants and stakeholders, utilising BIS processes and practice directions to produce quality, factual and objective reports in preparation for court hearings (Magistrate and Crown Courts) where release on bail is being considered. The job holder will work collaboratively across prison establishments and Magistrate Courts in a designated BIS region and duties will be centrally allocated. Reports will be delivered both written in advance of hearings or verbally to the court on the day depending on site location.
The job holder will undergo additional specialised training to deliver the role.
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities, and duties:
- Responsible for preparing for written or verbal delivery- bail information reports
- Interview defendants held in court and in Prison establishments, either in person or via Video Link, to gather information relevant to bail applications. Verifying information provided wherever possible.
- Ensure proposed accommodation availability checks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Extract and interpret information relating to defendants from available systems and databases. Including where available NDelius, the Digital Prison System (DPS) and the Offender Assessment System (OASys). Identify previous offending behaviour and instances of non-compliance as well as previous engagement with Probation supervision. Liaising with Community Offender Managers where applicable.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders involved with BIS. Obtaining information relevant to the defendant and their application for release on bail. This will include, but is not limited to, solicitors, Probation Service, mental health teams, substance misuse services, and court staff.
- Ensure referrals to community organisations for defendants are completed to assist in addressing any identified support needs and to access ongoing support if released on bail.
- Analyse and accurately interpret complex Police records to identify any public protection or safeguarding concerns and submit necessary referrals/requests for information to Probation, Local Authorities, Police Services and any other appropriate agencies.
- Liaise with Local Authorities, and where identified, share Safeguarding concerns and relevant information.
- Provide ongoing support and through-care to defendants remanded into custody in preparation for subsequent hearings at which release on bail is to be considered.
- Where there is an identified need for accommodation support, ensure referrals to Community Accommodation Services (Level 2) are completed and contribute towards referrals to Community Accommodation Services (Level 1) in line with National HMPPS Policy.
- Liaise with Foreign National Teams or UK Border Agency to gather information on defendants identified as Foreign Nationals.
- Support and prioritise vulnerable defendants i.e. women, over represented and minority groups.
- Ensure all relevant IT systems are updated to fully reflect the end-end process of BIS.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with colleagues across BIS to ensure it meets its aims and objectives. Supporting peers and maintaining effective and productive team relationships.
If you would like to apply or want further information please contact email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.