RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they b want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client in Peterborough on a temporary ongoing contract with possible remote working. Post holders will undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders under supervision including assessment, sentence implementation and producing reports; utilising service procedures and practice directions to underpin professional judgement.
If you have a passion for the criminal justice sector and are interested in offender rehabilitation then joining the National Probation Service as an Independent Sexual Violence Advocate (ISVA) supporting male survivors. This will give you the opportunity to work directly with a caseload of high risk offenders and the opportunity to make a difference to the life of numerous vulnerable and at risk people.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To provide advocacy, support, impartial advice, and information to adult males who have experienced sexual violence at any time of their lives and regardless of their engagement in the criminal justice system.
- To increase the number of male clients accessing our services through targeting outreach and awareness raising activities.
- To raise the profile of the ISVA service and promote engagement across the statutory, voluntary, and private sector.
- Undertake needs-led assessments and develop individual support plans.
- Support survivors to access services to which they are entitled.
- Provide support (non-therapeutic) to survivors and their supporters where appropriate.
- Provide information on criminal, legal and civil remedies where appropriate.
- Provide information and support in relation to Criminal Injuries Compensation.
- Where relevant, liaise with other agencies who are supporting the client.
- Assist survivors who decide to report by facilitating the reporting of the offence.
- Support survivors through the criminal justice system explaining the procedures, the ISVA role, and the client’s rights within the system.
- Liaise with the police and CPS on behalf of survivors and/or with survivors.
- Participate in case conferences with the police, CPS, and prosecuting barrister.
- Support and advocate for clients to access special measures.
- Where appropriate, support survivors to provide a witness statement during the trial phase
- Raise awareness in statutory, voluntary, and private sector on the issues of sexual violence and its impact of male survivors.
- Raise awareness of the services available to male survivors in all communities throughout Peterborough and Cambridgeshire.
- Provide specialist advice to other workers and agencies including participating in delivery of training workshops
- Maintain confidential client records, sharing and managing information in accordance with PRCCG Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with agencies supporting survivors.
- Ensure survivors receive the best possible standard of support in line with Rape Crisis National Service Standards.
- Attend and participate in regular Team Meetings, Peer Review Meetings and Clinical Supervision.
- Manage a caseload while taking responsibility for scheduling time off to ensure a healthy work/life balance.
- Work flexible hours where required and dependent on the needs of PRCCG and its service users.
- Participate in PRCCG training and development opportunities.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of PRCCG services.
- Support the running of other PRCCG services where required.
- Significant experience of managing a caseload of clients, providing practical and emotional support.
- Experience of working with a vulnerable client group.
- Experience of working with difference agencies/professionals
- Knowledge of all forms of sexual violence.
- Knowledge of the myths and facts that surround sexual violence.
- Knowledge of the potential impacts of sexual violence on survivors.
- An understanding of child and adult safeguarding responsibilities
- Communicate clearly, tactfully, and effectively with a range of individuals.
- Ability to prioritise and manage high caseloads and plan time effectively.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- High level of influencing and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work on own or within a team.
- High level of administrative and IT skills.
- Ability to travel using own vehicle
- Commitment to improving the lives of male survivors of sexual violence.
- Willingness to participate in professional development.
- To prioritise the good of the organisation and actively promote PRCCG values in all aspects of work.
- Be adaptable and responsive to the changing needs of the organisation.
- Be professional and approachable and make efforts to understand the viewpoints of others.
- Take responsibility for own work and share responsibility for the work of the organisation as a whole.
- Do not seek to blame others but take responsibility for what they can do to be part of the solution.
- Experience of working as an ISVA or similar role.
- Experience of working with vulnerable male clients.
- Knowledge of sexual violence and its impact on male survivors
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and processes.
- Knowledge of the range of statutory and voluntary agencies a survivor may come into contact with.
- Experience of working with MS Office
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
A current Enhanced DBS check is required for this role, which we can process for you
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.