RSR Regulatory Services is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Regulatory Services are currently recruiting for a Regulatory Criminal investigator for a financial services regulatory body in the South East of England.
This is a temporary contract for three months initially, but likely to be extended. It is a remote working role that would require you to attend the office once per month. The role is paying £21.64 per hour PAYE or £26.98 per hour via an umbrella company.
We’re looking for a specialist to be responsible for undertaking regulatory and criminal investigations within the Enforcement Team.
We are looking for an individual that will be willing to support work across the Enforcement Directorate. This includes working in the Investigations Team but also in the Proceedings Team, when necessary.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Undertake regulatory and criminal investigations for enforcement.
- Formulating strategy, establishing lines of enquiry and progressing investigations allocated to you in line with Performance Indicators
- Gathering and assessing evidence including digital data, paper records, business accounts and reports, bank accounts and other personal financial data and communications data
- Acquiring, assimilating and assessing complex information and making judgements on that information with or without the support of advisers.
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders who will include the regulated industry, members of schemes and other regulators / law enforcement organisations
- Prudent financial management of investigation costs
- Obtaining required outcomes in line with investigatory strategies
- Production of an Investigation Report with recommendations for appropriate enforcement action
- Delivery of investigations in line with the schedule of delegations and in accordance with the decision-making framework
- Knowledge and experience of investigation techniques and legal requirements for the conduct of regulatory and criminal investigations
- Working knowledge of legal requirements relating to evidence gathering and disclosure, and interviewing
- Awareness of litigation processes including regulatory and criminal proceedings
- Experience of analysing financial or business information and identification of risks
- Experience in conducting formal interviews
- Experience of drafting investigation outcome reports
- Knowledge or experience of business practices including corporate transactions, finance and accounting
- Experience of applying for and executing inspections and warrants and undertaking searches
- Experience of financial investigations
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Tomas.Keenan-Blair@rsg.ltd.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory Services is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.