RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR are currently recruiting on behalf of our policing client based in Hindlip, West Mercia for a Solution Architect to be responsible for the efficient and effective design of new ICT service solutions that meet the needs of the force.
This is a full time, permanent role and offers a salary of £49,602 to £52,800.
- Be responsible for ICT solution during the planning, design, development, deployment and approvals, ensuring all related architecture documentation is produced to the required standard.
- Take responsibility for understanding strategic business requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and recommending solution options.
- Ensure that the ICT service solutions meet all the relevant industry /national /legislative /compliance standards.
- Ensure the solution design meets the business requirements and ICT strategy, leveraging industry standards as much as possible
- Responsible for impact analysis and quality assurance of solution architectural design modifications to existing systems to support the delivery of new solutions in accordance with relevant standards for ICT Security etc.
- Collaborate with, and facilitates stakeholder groups to ensure the contribution of all relevant stakeholders is maximised.
- Articulate complex technical subject matter in ways that are understood by non-technical audiences and to clearly articulate the risks as well as the benefits in a similar manner.
- Clearly support the development of business cases and present technical approaches (strategies) to senior stakeholders as well as external partners.
- Exercise excellent people skills and to contribute to the mentoring, coaching and development of ICT team members.
- Represent effectively and promote the reputation of Digital Services at various meetings and groups both internally and externally.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post.
- Level 6 qualification in an ICT related discipline.
- Certification in ITIL, TOGAF/COBIT, Prince2, or an equivalent framework.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture methodologies and frameworks and extensive experience of their application under a number of architecture frameworks for example TOGAF, Enterprise Architecture and Zachman.
- Broad knowledge of services and solution design in a similar size, complexity and type of organisation.
- An up-to-date knowledge of IT capabilities and services.
- Strong knowledge of Supplier Management and collaboration.
- Successful in applying architectural tools and methods using industry best practice with a knowledge of ISO 20000 (Service Management) and ITSM.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Best Practice and relevant guidelines such as ITIL v4.
- Demonstrate significant experience of architecting service solutions in a similar large complex multi-faceted organisation.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.