RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supporting Blue Light sector organisations with their recruitment.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for VRU Senior Projects Consultant.
This is a key moment of change for the VRU. The additional mayoral funding, alongside a three-year funding agreement from the Home Office, has meant a substantial increase in VRU programmes and staffing in an already fast-growing Unit. Three years in, the Unit is also subject to increased scrutiny about the impact of our work and in answering the question “what works” in reducing violence.
Consequently, the VRU this fixed term senior post will ensure that the R-MEL Framework and the Outcomes Framework are developed, understood, used and able to be adapted and updated
Location: Hybrid working- 2 days in the office based at Southwark
Contract: 6 months
Salary: PAYE rate is £535.38 to £650.70 per day, UMB/LTD is £700 to £850 per day.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Development of Research Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Team
2. Development of our best practice offer
3. Shaping discreet areas to support the strategic development of new VRU programmes
4. Lead and develop the relationship with the Home Office
5. Development and embedding of EDI work across the Unit
6. To provide additional support to the SLT when required
• Manage staff and resources allocated to the job in accordance with MOPAC’s Code of Conduct, including their responsibilities around preventing fraud, bribery and corruption.
• Realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities.
• To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues and all others in the workplace, in accordance with MOPAC Health and Safety policies.
• To work in accordance with data protection policies and adhere to Freedom of Information policies where appropriate.
• Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
1. Successful track record of senior leadership and delivery experience in a violence reduction, community safety or similarly complex, politically sensitive, stakeholder environment.
2. A background in improving delivery across a range of diverse areas is essential with relevant experience in strategy, policy development and performance frameworks.
3. Strong and successful development and delivery of research and evaluation strategy and operation enabling impact assessment and analysis.
4. Develops a positive and compelling vision of London’s future potential for violence reduction, demonstrating confidence in the strategic direction.
5. Strong track record of stakeholder engagement, building networks of influence and delivering public participation and involvement
6. Good knowledge of public sector governance arrangements and the requirements of public accountability and transparency
7. Proven history of building, motivating and inspiring effective teams and holding them to account through rigorous performance management and the delivery of measurable outcomes.
8. Achievement in promoting diversity, equality and inclusion, both in the workforce and through work programme development
Behavioural competencies (Senior Manager competencies applicable to this post)
Delivers quality outcomes to meet strategic objectives .
Manages risk through informed and reliable judgement
Provides strong leadership
Develops effective strategic relationships.
Manages the right resources to enable effective working
Manages and reviews resources to drive efficient practices
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.