Red Snapper Recruitment are currently looking for an experienced Secretary/Receptionist to work on a full-time contract as a Management Support Officer with a local Police Force.
The role will be based in Preston, Lancashire.
To provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to Head of Estates and Facilities Management and the departments Senior Management Team.
- Dealing with incoming enquiries, including where appropriate, response, redirection, attachments and related enquiries
- Providing secretarial and administrative support by undertaking word processing, copying and circulation of documents
- To take and transcribe minutes at various meetings
- Managing diary time and co-ordinating the diaries of management team as required
- To administer the Duty Management System for the Senior Management Team
- To arrange meetings and functions and make necessary travel arrangements, reserve accommodation and itinerary preparation as required
- To communicate with members of other departments, divisions and outside agencies on a variety of issues, maintaining strict confidentiality
- To raise purchase orders, as required
- Deal with telephone and personal enquiries, using tact and diplomacy and responding to queries wherever possible
- Provide secretarial assistance to other members of senior management as required
- To maintain all filing systems, manual and computerised
- To ensure standards in the main filing room are maintained
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous secretarial experience inc diary management
- Experience of taking minutes and accurately transcribing minutes
- Experience of dealing with confidential information
- Experience of planning and prioritising workloads
- Experience of composing letters and memos and responding to routine correspondence
- Experience of keeping accurate records and maintaining filing systems
If you have any questions, or if you wish to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org