RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing highly experienced and qualified candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors
RSR Justice are currently seeking for a Community Key Worker to work for a Leading Charity. You will be based in Stratford with travel to Havering and surrounding borough to visit Service Users.
Main purpose of role
You will be working with women involved in the Criminal Justice System offering safe, targeted support and advocacy to women to help them address their complex needs in relation to the 9 pathways to offending, such as substance misuse and financial difficulties, aiming to reduce re-offending, encourage desistance amongst repeat offenders, and empower women to live safe, crime free lives divert women from Criminal Justice involvement as early as possible and reduce the number of custodial sentences imposed by Courts.
Main Duties and Disabilities
- Provide an in-reach prison service to women via video call/telephone and face to face prior to leaving custody to assist in preparing them for release and meeting them at the gate upon release.
- Provide outreach support and advocacy to women in the Community with varying multiple complex needs and across each complexity level.
- Conduct an initial holistic assessment of women’s needs.
- Develop and regularly review individual support plans across all 9 pathways of need. to women released from custody.
- Regularly meet with women to provide dedicated emotional and practical support, adopting a Trauma informed, non-judgemental approach to empower women towards an independent, safe, crime free life in line with Advance’s vision and mission.
- Attend the different probation offices in the region you cover, integrate with National Probation Service staff and introduce the Minerva services to the client, encouraging referrals to the service and establishing positive relationships.
- Develop strong professional relationships and networks with local support services and advocate for the woman with external agencies, including at Housing, Social Services, MARAC and IOM panels.
- Contribute to developing and updating the local Services Directory with details of local organisations, Contribute to developing and updating the local Services Directory with details of local organisations,
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of the organisation’s BIONIC philosophy
- Knowledge and understanding of the Criminal Justice System
- In depth knowledge of issues facing women offenders and in those who are in and out of the criminal justice system
- Thorough understanding of the criminal justice and the issues that surround it.
- Significant experience working with women that experience issues related to offending, substance misuse, domestic violence , mental health or other work areas preferably within the criminal justice system
- Strong crisis management skills
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Majed.Ahmed@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a generous referral bonus scheme and will pay £150 in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who we place that aren’t already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.