RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting on behalf of our Staffordshire based client for an Assistant Chief Officer to be responsible for reviewing and driving performance of the Enabling Services functions to ensure the best policing service for the communities of Staffordshire.
This is a full time, permanent role and attracts a salary of is £96,996 - £114,888 per annum.
- Contribute to setting the direction of organisational strategy for the client, in alignment with wider plans and objectives, in order to provide an effective and efficient service that meets current and future policing demands.
- Support the client, embedding a positive organisational culture and promoting values, ethics and high standards of professional conduct to enable an effective and professional service.
- Work with the teams to develop strategic direction, organisational development and cultural change enabling the effective implementation of the force delivery plan.
- Participate in governance arrangements to provide information in relation to delivery of our people and resourcing objectives.
- Lead, motivate and engage a team of senior colleagues, promoting workforce wellbeing, facilitating impactful professional development and performance management.
- Responsible for the delivery of the Enabling Services strategies to ensure an efficient, effective and compliant service.
- Set and manage budgets and resource plans in line with the wider budget framework to maximise the efficient use of resources, ensure the effective use of public spending and maximise value for money.
- Effectively measure, evaluate and report on performance across the Enabling Services directorate utilising findings to drive improvements in service delivery.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with local and regional partners, effectively influencing and collaborating.
- Represent the client at a local, regional and national level to the public, media and other external stakeholders to support the client to promote visibility, connect with the public and build confidence in policing.
- Effectively manage and encourage development, change and innovation, ensuring enhanced productivity, value for money and continuous improvement in problem solving and evidence based policing.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the post.
- Must be prepared to travel both regionally and nationally as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in business related studies or suitable evidence of a similar role being effectively performed with proven commitment to CPD.
- Experience of managing substantial financial, people and material resources, demonstrating commercial acumen to balance complex, competing resource demands by making appropriate risk-based decisions within the available budget.
- Able to operate with sound political astuteness and negotiate the internal and external political landscape effectively.
- Ability to apply or devise problem solving methodologies or specialised concepts and methods of analysis to clarify and/or solve multifaceted and complex problems.
- Excellent range of highly effective communication and influencing techniques to successfully negotiate, collaborate and influence change at senior levels and across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership skills, developing and inspiring people, engaging a diverse range of teams with strategic priorities, values and behaviours.
- Post Graduate Degree/qualification is desirable.
- Qualified Section 151 Finance Officer is desirable.
- Detailed understanding of the national policing landscape is desirable.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Natalie.Begley@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.