Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Birmingham based client for an Assistant Neighbourhood Officer to assist the Housing Officer to deliver a consistent, excellent, and reliable, customer focussed Housing Management undertaking the full range of housing management duties.
This is a full time, temporary role initially for 3 months and offers a rate of pay of £10.50 per hour.
Office based to begin but will move to home working.
- Case manages and maintains accurate case management and other administrative records according to the required standards and procedures and by using appropriate IT systems.
- Investigate and respond to complaints and enquiries within corporate standards and timescales.
- Assist the Housing Officer to prepare and present reports to internal and external audiences on the performance of the activities under your control and make recommendations on a course of action where appropriate.
- Assist with the investigation and response to public liability claims, complaints and enquiries and provide reports to the housing officer using relevant case management systems.
- Assist with the carrying out of surveys, site visits and inspections, collation of data and production and presentation of reports.
- Undertake programmed and responsive tenancy visits to Client’s properties as directed.
- Carry out activity that supports enforcement action.
- Attend meetings with customer groups to help assess the ongoing requirements of the housing service and determine appropriate actions to respond to findings.
- Provide advice and assistance on all aspects of the housing service during customer interactions including face to face interviews, home visits, telephone calls, inline, email and written correspondence, social media, community meetings and council business meetings.
- Contribute to the production of regular newsletters, annual reports, and social media postings etc.
- Inform residents on changes to welfare benefits to minimise their impact and provide sign posting.
- Participate with multi agency forums and where appropriate support the Housing Officer where Housing act as lead agency with regard to housing, environment, children and adult issues.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of housing landlord and tenant policy and procedures.
- Must hold Numeracy and Literacy Level 2 qualifications or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills; a strong ability to deal with complex issues.
- Ability to sustain working partnership relationships within and across organisational boundaries including external providers.
- Good case management, planning and organising skills.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.