Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Sandwell based client for a Neighbourhood Officer to be responsible for providing a comprehensive front line housing management service whilst also playing a role in wider neighbourhood management with our internal colleagues and external partners.
This is a full time, temporary role initially for 3 months on going and offers a rate of pay of £16.06 per hour.
- Responsible for a comprehensive Neighbourhoods Service both in public and private sector within your Ward.
- Oversee Neighbourhood Assistants, ensuring that duties are undertaken in accordance with their responsibilities.
- Identifying preventative and safe guarding issues and to sign post accordingly, in line with the Client’s Preventative and Safeguarding Agendas.
- Ensure service delivery incorporates all relevant agendas and policies introduced by Central Government, Local Government and stakeholders.
- Support management to deliver agendas and priorities set by the Neighbourhoods’ Directorate, the Client and associated agencies and partners.
- Oversee all tenancy and estate management issues i.e. home visits, medical visits, welfare visits, attendance at evictions, tenancy fraud etc.
- Initiate, investigate, report and act upon all areas relating to any breach of tenancy conditions, including receiving and resolving complaints of nuisance from tenants and residents and to resolve complaints of Antisocial Behaviour in partnership with specialist teams.
- Maintain the highest standard on internal and external maintenance and appearance of wards by way of undertaking planned estate inspections and walkabouts in partnership with all stakeholders. Responsible for taking appropriate action within set targets.
- Liaise with the Customer Service Officer to investigate and respond in a timely manner.
- Delivery of an excellent customer focused and quality service when responding to customer enquiries with corporate targets.
- Work with members and other stakeholders to develop, implement and performance manage any new initiatives requested by management.
- Produce appropriate reports for management for partnership meetings, such as community safety, safeguarding agendas etc.
- Work in partnership with Private Sector Housing on any issues regarding private landlord properties.
- Undertake special projects as requested.
- Support the Housing Services Manager in identifying training and performance management of Neighbourhood Assistants.
- Must hold Numeracy and Literacy Level 2 qualifications or equivalent as a minimum are required for this role
- Comprehensive knowledge of housing management functions as well as the ability to work in a demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to deal with complex issues
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.