Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client based in South Birmingham for a Senior Family Support Worker to lead and work within a multi-disciplinary and professional integrated family support and safeguarding service to provide a timely response to the needs of children, young people and their families.
This is a temporary role initially for 4 months and offers a rate of pay of £14.83 per hour.
Hybrid working - 1 day a week in the office and 2 face to face meetings a month.
- Act as the lead professional for an allocated case load of children and families.
- Establish a high standard of practice in the delivery a family support service that provides a timely response to children, young people and their families and achieves family outcomes.
- Achieve good outcomes for children and families through coordination and delivery of early help work across Family Support/Think Family.
- Deliver evidenced based interventions to positively effect change that safeguards and promotes the welfare of children and young people.
- To be responsible for a high standard of case recording that is up to date; including use of a common database.
- Participate in and deliver training and initiatives in a specialist/champion area, ensuring both yourself and the team’s knowledge is kept up to date.
- Effectively engage with children, young people and their families and actively promote their participation in assessments and support plans.
- Act as a Designated Safeguarding Professional (DSP) within the Family Support Service.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving practice and performance in line with professional developmental targets as agreed with line manager through supervision.
- Provide a consistently high standard of practice and customer care.
- Manage and prioritise a complex caseload, ensuring appropriate escalation to line manager where necessary.
- Attend case conference meetings sharing information and with safeguarding colleagues and partners.
- Complete assessments and reports to recognised / accepted professional standards and timescales.
- Positively contribute within regular supervision, Appraisal Reviews, team meetings and service review / development meeting as required.
- Promote and use evidence based practice when working with children and families, for example family learning tools, graded care profile and other assessment tools, parenting programmes etc.
- Previous experience is essential.
- Must be able to work with complex families with multiple needs.
- Experienced in writing assessments and completing reviews.
- Required to work outside normal office hours on occasions to cover the out of hours rota ((Monday – Friday).
DBS is required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.