RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for Unpaid Work Supervisors across the North-West of England. We have vacancies in:
- Ellesmere Port
Please state your preferred location on application.
We can offer varying contract lengths and working patterns, part and full time, dependent on availability.
The role pays up to £20.60 per hour dependent on payment method.
This is an operational role directly supervising work groups of offenders serving a community sentence. This may include driving service vehicles to transport people or equipment. The post holder will be responsible for all work site supervision tasks and will work with service users to ensure that all tasks are carried out to the best of their ability. This will include working alongside people to demonstrate good practice as necessary.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Conduct Pre-Placement Unpaid Work Induction sessions
- conduct a start of the day ‘tool box’ talk to ensure all service users understand the task at hand and safe working practice and motivate and support service users to complete their Order
- follow work directions within the project placement file
- ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed, alerting the relevant staff to any risk, ensuring that any associated paperwork is completed accurately and on time as required, including contributing to the review of placement risk assessments.
- ensure that appropriate tools, equipment and supplies are available in accordance with local procedure and that instructions for safe use are followed by service users
- Conduct a dynamic risk assessment to ensure all hazards are noted and managed
- use pro-social and other motivational techniques to ensure that service users complete the work assigned in a disciplined and well-behaved manner
- Monitor the attendance of service users allocated to agency placements and promote successful completions.
- Maintain all service users’ records in accordance with organisational requirements ensuring that all information is updated onto the case management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work towards accreditation as a work place assessor or deliver training assessments for selected service users within the supervised work group to provide enhanced learning opportunities.
- Contribute towards promoting Community Payback with colleagues, external agencies, Sentencers and the public.
- Evidence of commitment to team work
- Effective inter-personal skills with the ability to supervise people constructively while maintaining authority
- Evidence of problem-solving within a workplace or similar environment
- Knowledge of safety at work, public protection and risk of harm in all aspects of work
- Basic knowledge of First Aid and willingness to undertake further training
- IOSH L3 or equivalent and a willingness to attend further training
- Achieve a Certificate of professional competency - Minibus driver training
- Achieve and maintain the appropriate qualification to assess service user qualification for an NVQ award during work placement activity
- Ability to model pro-social attitudes and behaviour to service users
- Good written communication skills
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Dan.Tresham@rsg.ltd
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.