RSR Regulatory Services is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Regulatory Services are currently recruiting for a Project Associate for a financial regulator based in London. This is a full time, permanent role.
Job title: Project Associate – Oversight of Audit Monitoring at the Professional Bodies
Department: Professional Oversight Team
Employment status: Permanent
Close date: 06/07/2022
The Professional Oversight Team is part of the Supervision Division, which encompasses the monitoring and oversight functions. We are responsible for the statutory independent oversight of the regulation of auditors by the supervisory and qualifying bodies, the non-statutory oversight of the regulation of accountants by the accountancy professional bodies and the non-statutory regulation of actuaries by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) in the UK.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the organisation as necessary. We operate a hybrid working arrangement. The guidance is to work from an office for at least four days each fortnight with precise arrangements to be agreed between the employee and the line manager.
- The role reports directly to the Senior Project Manager – Education and Qualifications and involves supporting the Professional Oversight Team in overseeing the Audit Monitoring and auditor registration activities conducted by the Recognised Supervisory Bodies.
- Supporting the delivery of oversight of the professional bodies (‘the bodies’) specifically in relation to the oversight of the professional audit qualifications delivered by the RQBs and the monitoring of CPD carried out by the RSBs, with support and input from other members of the Professional Oversight Team and other staff, as appropriate.
- Onsite and remote visits with the bodies to shadow and review work undertaken.
- Developing and maintaining effective stakeholder engagement with the bodies.
- Documenting our oversight work to a high standard in a clear and timely manner.
- Analytical review of documentation/data provided by the bodies to POT to identify trends relevant to our oversight work.
- Assessment of the comparability of qualifications for mutual recognition agreements with other countries’ qualifications.
- Involvement in thematic reviews and/or deep-dive investigations relating to education and qualifications as and when required.
- Working with POT’s policy and implementation team to embed policies and procedures in business as usual, as required.
- Engage with and support other POT teams on cross-cutting activities such as policy and implementation projects and operational projects such as oversight of governance, as required.
- An audit qualification and at least some experience of audit quality reviews
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Able to organise and plan own work to meet deadlines.
- An appreciation of the role that the bodies and the FRC play in ensuring high audit quality across the UK.
Rewards and benefits
- Competitive remuneration package, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- 2 Volunteering days per year to support CSR commitment.
- Up to 6 learning and development days.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Unum Help@hand Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services.
- The opportunity to save at least 25% on the purchase of a new bike through the Cycle to work scheme.
- A very strong work/life balance ethos.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Tomas.Keenan-Blair@rsg.ltd.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory Services is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.