Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client based in the Black Country area for a IRIS Advocate Educator to provide in-house domestic abuse training and ongoing consultancy for general practice teams and is an advocate to whom patients can be referred to for support.
This is a permanent full time role which offers a salary of £25,590 - £27,671.
Full driving license and access to own vehicle is required for this role.
- Organising and delivering training on understanding and responding to domestic violence and abuse (DVA) to healthcare professionals in participating general practices, using a variety of training methods.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with all general practice staff, and other associated healthcare professionals, and work effectively as part of the practice team
- Provide ongoing consultancy and training to practice staff on domestic violence and abuse.
- Attend relevant meetings, such as GP and safeguarding forums and multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Support and encourage health professionals to ask patients about their experience of abuse and respond, record, safety check and refer for support.
- Challenge public attitudes towards domestic violence and abuse and promote awareness of the experiences and needs of individuals living with or escaping DVA, particularly in relation to their health.
- Manage and monitor the number of referrals made by clinicians in participating general practices to ensure that clear, accurate records are kept and maintained.
- Assess and regularly review the needs of and risks to victims and survivors of DVA who have been signposted or referred directly by their general practice and signpost to additional services where appropriate.
- Provide direct casework support, advice, information, advocacy and empowerment to individuals experiencing DVA through telephone contact, and/or meetings at the relevant practice.
- Work with individuals experiencing DVA to increase their personal safety (and that of any children) and inform them of their rights and options in terms of housing, legal and welfare rights.
- Develop good working relationships and liaise with outside agencies when needed.
- Assist with data collection and analysis of referrals and client outcomes for the quarterly and annual reports, which are distributed to commissioners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Degree level education or similar/relevant professional qualifications or experience is desirable.
- Experience of needs and risk assessment and support of individuals experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and children, acknowledging safeguarding concerns and responding appropriately.
- Experience of working with complex casework, including issues such as child abuse, mental health, substance abuse, working with trauma in adults and children and crisis intervention.
- Experience of building and maintaining partnerships with other agencies.
- Experience of attending and responding to actions from multi-agency meetings, such as child protection conferences and MARAC.
- Experience of arranging, delivering and reviewing training for professionals.
- Experience of using an online case management system.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.