Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Sandwell based client looking for Domestic Abuse Intervention Support Worker. The jobholder will work directly with victims of domestic abuse, provide early identification and intervention, & to ensure an accurate capture of the voice of the victim throughout the care plan/ intervention boosting self-esteem and confidence
This is a Fulltime role, Monday to Friday, at 37.5 hours a week on a permanent contract. You must have a driving license and vehicle.
The salary offered is £19,968 per annum.
- To be responsible for delivery and implementation of professional services that incorporate supportive and preventative strategies to equip service users/ victims/ survivors to keep them safe and free from abuse
- To be compliant with GDPR procedures and principles
- support the delivery and respond to innovative ways of working with victims of interpersonal violence based on good practice and evidence based research
- Be an active participant of the relevant strategic plans( Accommodation Specific Service) plans to ensure that it is reflective of client’s needs;
- Represent the organization professionally at all times internally and externally maintaining the high standards and values
- Ensure that high standards of service are maintained and in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of the organisation
- Support a culture and system that promote equality and values diversity.
- To ensure that accommodation services work as an effective team and are fully integrated internally and externally with all other services of the organisation
- Work within the aims and objectives of the organisation
- Manage a caseload ensuring clients receive the appropriate service individual to their needs.
- Ensure that all clients risks are identified and assessed using evidence based risk identification checklist. Where appropriate put in place short to medium crisis intervention whilst in short term accommodation but plan and prepare longer tem safety plans
- Minimum level 3 qualification in a related field
- Demonstrable ability to use Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook, access, teams) and other virtual platforms
- Holding and managing a caseload and working to timescales (SMART approach)
- Evidence the ability to build effective relationships, both internally and externally acknowledging others’ viewpoints and valuing diversity
- Relevant previous or current employment/ work experience
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and children in a safeguarding capacity and with demonstrable outcomes
- Experience of working with victims and/ or survivors of domestic abuse assessing risks and support/safety planning
- Experience of managing complex casework, including issues such as child abuse, mental health, substance abuse, working with trauma in adults and children and crisis intervention
- Representing organisations in a formal setting with a range of stakeholders confidently and assertively
- Building positive professional relationships with a range of stakeholders and service users
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0203 119 3364.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.