Are you currently working in the public sector looking to move to the private sector?
RSR Police, a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supporting Blue Light sector organisations, has a great opportunity with a market leading forensics business that is looking for a Principal Digital Forensic Analyst. This role will suit UK Law Enforcement workers, especially Ex Police and Military who might be considering making the move from public to private sector.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Proven background of delivering high-quality forensic analysis
- Excellent time management to ensure casework is completed within required time frames.
- Experience leading and motivating a team to provide an unparalleled laboratory service.
- Demonstrable experience of operating in an ISO 17025 environment.
- At least 5 years criminal and/or commercial casework experience.
- Excellent understanding of IT, and report writing skills
- Fully conversant with the digital forensic process and current ACPO Guidelines.
- Adhere to and be fully conversant with the FSR’s Codes of Practice and Conduct.
- Advanced ability in using forensic tools including EnCase, Griffeye, IEF, Axiom, FTK, Nuix and X-Ways.
- A full and clean UK driving license.
- Unimpeachable integrity.
It is envisaged that your time will be split 75/25 with 25% of your time spent managing and mentoring team members and the remainder of time on allocated casework.
Please Note - Due to the nature of the role and the work involved, applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check, NPPV-3, SC Clearance, National Crime Agency and Metropolitan Police security vetting, therefore all applicants must be permanent residents in the UK, continuously residing in the UK for the last 5 years.
Role Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Case management and forensic analysis of computer and mobile devices.
- Securing and preservation of digital evidence.
- Procedural and documentation development.
- Contribute to achieving and maintaining quality standards whilst ensuring that the company’s quality procedures ISO 17025 and 9001 are robustly adhered to.
- Ensuring that the company’s IT security procedures ISO 27001 are robustly adhered to.
- Mentoring junior members of staff.
- To plan and coordinate training courses for analysts on laboratory procedures and the collection, identification, and presentation of digital evidence.
- To plan and administer a program of professional development for laboratory staff to ensure that methods and procedures are current and appropriate.
- To plan and manage the activities of laboratory staff to facilitate attainment of laboratory goals and ensure consistent application of laboratory policies, procedures, and guidelines by adopting priorities, assigning, and adjusting work, assessing the need for and managing the training of analysts.
- To supervise graduate, junior and senior forensic analysts in achieving established work objectives and effective allocation of human resources by selecting staff affirmatively, assigning, training, scheduling, managing, and evaluating work performance, recommending achievement awards, and managing poor performance issues.
- To manage research conducted by analysts to improve or increase the capabilities of laboratory analytical procedures for the identification or comparison of physical evidence by assigning projects and evaluating current laboratory and staff capabilities and reviewing scientific literature.
Why should you apply?
- Full training in the evidential analysis of electronic media.
- Opportunity to enter the Digital Forensics community with a professional market leader.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Grade 2 corporate benefits package upon successful completion of probationary period (usually 6 months) including Pension Scheme, Group Medical Insurance (excluding dental).
- Critical Illness Cover, Life Insurance and Optical Benefit.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now by sending your CV to Debbie.Lambe@rsg.ltd
IntaForensics provides independent national expert witness, computer forensics, mobile phone forensics to the legal sector, police forces, local authorities, and commercial organisations. The organisation also provides Cyber Security consultancy and Incident Response services to a wide variety of customers and maintains specialist teams to deliver a range of cyber security service.
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.