RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Pensions Administration Officer to be based in central Birmingham as a part of wider payroll team to provide an effective and efficient pensions administration service to all West Midlands Police Personnel, whilst participating in achieving team objectives and actively contributing to the overall objectives of the Force.
This role is a 6 month temporary contract working Monday to Friday office hours with some potential of home working on a hybrid model. The rate of pay for this role is from £11.71 to £13.48 per hour PAYE.
- Adhering to best practice procedures in all aspects of pensions administration related tasks
- Handling any data processing and administration tasks, ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with legislation requirements
- Monitoring on going procedural developments and implementing changes to procedures where required
- Final checking of work calculated by colleagues
- Receiving and handling internal and external telephone queries and where applicable becoming first point of contact for members
- Running automated systems calculations
- Performing manual benefits calculations
- Producing ad-hoc letters to ‘draft standards’ in response to customer queries or able to complete standard tasks to ‘final letter standards’
- Developing knowledge and awareness of all the Police Pension Schemes
- Taking responsibility for ad-hoc projects and exercises
- Assisting the team with project related work e.g. bulk mailshots to scheme members
- Updating relevant pension administration databases and systems
- Dealing with more complex pensions queries
- Handling both Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) queries.
- Working closely with other departments/teams both internal and external to the Company in order to provide a total service to our members
- Able to demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of pensions administration activities and can apply this knowledge to any scheme.
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit (DB) including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases.
- Experience of current pensions legislation and framework, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration.
- Able to demonstrate a numerical aptitude evidenced by work related experience or academic achievements.
- Ability to analyse both qualitative and quantitative information.
- Strong numerical and verbal critical reasoning ability in order to think strategically, logically and clearly.
- Able to deliver results in a highly pressured environment.
- Able to follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent manner.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for own work
- Effective interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication skills.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required in order to perform their duties both numerical and written.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to work in advance of deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 119 3346.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.