RSR Justice are currently recruiting for an Employer Engagement Case Manager for Shaw Trust.
This is a full time, permanent role, based in Bristol, paying £23,372 per annum.
Shaw Trust believe everyone has the right to live a decent and dignified life and an opportunity for rewarding work. They are a social purpose organisation challenging inequality and breaking down barriers to enable social mobility.
Having grown from humble beginnings in 1982 in the village of Shaw in Wiltshire, finding jobs for disabled people, today they are a complex and diverse charity committed to employment as the core pathway to a better life. Being part of the solution is about creating the conditions for this to happen, advocating and delivering services that make a real difference. Working in partnership not competition, they are part of an eco-system of purpose-led organisations, striving for a fairer, more equal society centred on opportunity for all.
Purpose of the Role
- To manage a caseload of job ready offenders in the community across the region, supporting them to prepare for work i.e. reviewing CV, job searching, securing of interviews and interview preparation etc.
- When employment focussed support is not required, work with a caseload of offenders in the community or custody to support them to break down barriers to successful resettlement achieve agreed milestones and enter training and education
- Responsible for identifying suitable employment opportunities based on individual participants needs
- Supporting Regional Manager to identify training opportunities linked to employment opportunities
- Supporting participants to apply for and prepare for job opportunities through 121 appointments, job clubs and group sessions
- Delivering training sessions on employability and sustaining employment to group of participants at community locations
- Delivering awareness sessions to participants on training opportunities. Working with CM’s to select suitable participants
- Build robust and mutually beneficial relationships with employers and training providers across the region
- To work with Custodial Case Managers to coordinate a through-the-gate service including undertaking pre-release handover meetings to ensure activities pre and post release are well planned.
- To work with a range of statutory and non-statutory partners to address identified needs including Community Rehabilitation Companies, National Probation Service, Youth Offending Services, and voluntary agencies.
- To achieve and report on individual and team daily, weekly and monthly performance targets.
- Demonstrable experience of motivating and supporting individuals with multiple and complex needs to overcome barriers and progress towards education, training and employment
- Understanding of the barriers faced by offenders/ex-offenders with multiple and/or complex needs in relation to reintegration back into society
- Proven experience of achieving qualitative and quantitative targets
- Exceptional team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Strong communication and motivational skills across a broad range of resource types, skills and backgrounds
- Ability to critically reflect and evaluate interventions and service delivery, identifying areas for development
- Able to demonstrate a resilient and robust approach to working within challenging and unpredictable environments
- Proactive resolution of risks and issues
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude
- Experience with data entry, accuracy and attention to detail
- ICT proficiency including all major Microsoft applications
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work effectively with partnership agencies
- IAG Level 3 or an IAG qualification e.g. NVQ Information, Advice and Guidance (Desirable)
- PTLLS qualification or equivalent (Desirable)
If you have the required experience and would like to apply for the job then please send your CV to Debbie.Lambe@rsg.ltd.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.