Are you passionate about helping others?
Are you interested in working with ex-offenders and helping them gain employment skills through positive work experience?
Do you enjoy the outdoors or have a knack or passion for DIY or other improvement projects?
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for Unpaid Work (commonly referred to as Community Payback) Supervisors for the Probation Service in the North West of England.
In this role you will supervise work groups of offenders serving a community sentence, working on varied projects that involve practical tasks providing reparation to the community.
We require candidates who are flexible to cover large geographical regions of either Lancashire or Cumbria.
We require candidates who have the flexibility to work on weekends, and whom can be available for ad-hoc shifts across the week.
In return we are offering attractive hourly pay rates, up to £20.00 per hour, and First Aid and Health and Safety training.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Conduct Pre-Placement Unpaid Work Induction sessions
- Conduct a start of the day ‘tool box’ talk to ensure all service users understand the task at hand and safe working practice and motivate and support service users to complete their Order
- Follow work directions within the project placement file
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed, alerting the relevant staff to any risk, ensuring that any associated paperwork is completed accurately and on time as required, including contributing to the review of placement risk assessments.
- Ensure that appropriate tools, equipment and supplies are available in accordance with local procedure and that instructions for safe use are followed by service users
- Conduct a dynamic risk assessment to ensure all hazards are noted and managed
- use pro-social and other motivational techniques to ensure that service users complete the work assigned in a disciplined and well-behaved manner
- Monitor the attendance of service users allocated to agency placements and promote successful completions.
- Maintain all service users’ records in accordance with organisational requirements ensuring that all information is updated onto the case management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work towards accreditation as a work place assessor or deliver training assessments for selected service users within the supervised work group to provide enhanced learning opportunities.
- Contribute towards promoting Community Payback with colleagues, external agencies, Sentencers and the public.
- Evidence of commitment to team work
- Effective inter-personal skills with the ability to supervise people constructively while maintaining authority
- Evidence of problem-solving within a workplace or similar environment
- Knowledge of safety at work, public protection and risk of harm in all aspects of work
- Basic knowledge of First Aid and willingness to undertake further training
- IOSH L3 or equivalent and a willingness to attend further training
- D1 Driving Licence or Minibus driver training is desirable
All candidates are subject to security and identity checks prior to taking up post.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Majed.Ahmed@rsg.ltd.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.