RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supporting Blue Light sector organisations with their recruitment.
RSR Police are looking to speak to candidates with experience of Project Management, to join our Law Enforcement client based in Wellingborough. This role will manage corporate projects in accordance with Prince2 project management methodology. To support business change and delivery of business benefits from inception through to realisation. To provide support and guidance to managers outside of the Portfolio Office and to provide quality assurance on force projects as required.
This is a unique opportunity to work across a wide range of business areas, flexible agile working available.
The appointment will be fixed term until July 2023, working Monday to Friday offering a salary of £35,111 to £38,268 per annum with additional benefits.
- To manage corporate projects assigned in accordance with Prince2 methodology, recording and maintaining project documentation, reporting on project costs, deliverables, milestones, dependencies and exceptions.
- To provide project management support and guidance to business leads and subject matter experts as required, thereby ensuring corporate standards for project management are adhered to.
- Proactively identify business change and business benefit opportunities offering advice and guidance in support of implementation, enabling a systemic business process to be established linking business benefit management into efficiency planning and performance management.
- During and post implementation of organisational change, monitor and evaluate to identify continuous improvement and systems thinking methodologies to ensure that resources, systems and processes are effective and economical
- Conduct post implementation reviews of project objectives
- Monitoring of business benefits and risk against internal and external criteria, sharing as best practice and learning for organisational memory.
- To quality assure project management products and processes on behalf of the force.
- To manage and develop project staff as required.
- To draft, publish and regularly maintain management products as required and to supervise/guide others in so doing e.g. business cases, plans, risk & issue logs, benefits realisation plan, etc.
- To identify and engage with stakeholders effectively managing stakeholder relationships including inter-agency and partnership arrangements.
- To undertake/manage research as required to progress mandates/business cases and plans, providing written reports and recommendations supported by relevant data analysis
- To undertake research and be aware of best practice and legal obligations related to the projects that you will be required to manage (eg. HMICFRS).
- To assist project managers by undertaking management/project tasks as required providing resilience for abstraction and enabling deadlines to be achieved.
- To represent the Force on national, regional and local bodies, conferences and meetings as required
- Registered Prince2 Practitioner or a current holder of a similar recognised Project Management qualification.
- Previous project management experience, principally in respect of projects delivering significant organisational change and with proven ability to deliver projects to cost, time and quality.
- Positive about change, adapting to different ways of working and encourages flexibility in others.
- Able to work on own initiative and to manage multiple projects without supervision.
- Strong and innovative problem solving and decision making skills with proven ability to recognise and manage dependencies and risks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead, negotiate, influence and gain buy-in to projects and change initiatives at all levels
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with conflicting organisational targets/priorities and with people who have diverse views/stances or competing workloads, both internal and external to the organisation, defusing conflict and being prepared to make difficult decisions or take control when required.
- Excellent written communication skills including report writing and the production of detailed project management products
- Experience of research and analysing complex data and processes, being able to generate and evaluate ideas and present the outcomes to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to plan and manage the work of self and others to tight deadlines through motivation, guidance, adopting a methodical approach and attention to detail whilst at the same time, able to quickly re-evaluate, prioritise and plan in the event of unexpected events
- High level of computer literacy including; word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentation and project management software
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of managing projects in a Police or public service environment
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 119 3328 for more information.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.