RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supporting Blue Light sector organisations with their recruitment.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Police Staff Forensic Collision Investigator based in Rugby Warwickshire on a fulltime, shift work, 12 month fixed term contract.
The jobholder will be responsible for providing specialist investigation at road traffic collisions and major crime enquiries, presenting reconstructions and expert evidence as required.
The Salary is £32,376 plus 14% shift allowance
- Attend all road death and life changing collisions. Applying specialist investigation techniques to identify, preserve, interpret evidence.
- Accurately prepare and present evidential findings, using scale plans and other visual representations, using a variety of methods and equipment such as surveying and photography.
- To attend any other incidents / crime scene where their skills and specialist equipment would assist.
- To provide expert evidence and opinion to the investigation team, the courts and other interested parties ensuring that at all times they remain within their level of competence and expertise, in order to provide a professional and unbiased account of the incident.
- Identify if additional resources and/or specialist external knowledge is required to assist with the forensic examination and/or reconstruction should the level of expertise required exceed their own, in order to inform effective decision-making.
- To assist other team members with investigations and peer review findings to ensure that the accuracy, quality and integrity of evidence is maintained.
- Support and ensure organisational conformance with the requirements of the Forensic Science Regulator Codes of Practice and Conduct and the International Standards Organisation (ISO) 17020 standards in order to provide a quality service through accreditation.
- Minimum Collision Investigation qualification requirement is Advanced City and Guilds + Stats or UCPD. Candidates may also be required to complete the further qualification of Cert HE, plus any further qualifications as mandated by the FCIN.
- Demonstrate sound investigative skills and a knowledge of the College of Policing Authorised Professional Practice on the Investigation of Fatal and Serious Injury road collisions.
- To know, understand and act within the Code of Ethics and values of the Police Service. These nationally recognised behaviours and values are set out in the Competency and Values Framework (CVF).
- To be the holder of a standard driving grade or capable of achieving the grade.
- Extensive Collision Investigation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound mathematical ability
- Full UK driving licence
This role will be subject to enhanced vetting.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Sam.email@example.com or call 0203 119 3328.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.