RSR Regulatory is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the regulatory talent markets.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join an Independent Regulator.
As the Project Manager, you will provide project management and thought leadership in support of the responsibilities of the Head of Department and the Director which include:
- Independent statutory oversight, regulation of the audit profession and voluntary oversight of the accountancy professions; and
- Audit and accountancy regulatory matters in the UK, Europe and internationally.
This is a permanent role based in London and offers £92,920 per annum.
- Manage oversight of the Professional bodies’ complaints handling, investigation and disciplinary procedures, following up on implementation of our requirements.
- Manage investigation of complaints about the professional bodies.
- Liaison with the Recognised Bodies, firms, professional bodies, technical experts and others on matters of shared interest, attendance at conferences, meetings and working groups.
- Encourage cooperation and engagement across teams on cross-cutting issues such as complaints handling, as necessary.
- Drafting responses to government and other external consultation documents.
- Preparing reports for the governing bodies.
- Drafting briefing for senior staff who have engagement with the professional bodies.
- Implementing policies and procedures. When necessary supporting the Policy and Implementation team on projects to update and implement changes to the processes.
- Engage with and support other teams on cross-cutting activities such as policy and implementation projects and operational projects.
- A relevant professional qualification or relevant experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the audit regulatory environment and the issues facing audit in general in the UK.
- Knowledge of the role and function of auditors in formal reporting would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the UK Companies Act and its application to auditors.
- Detailed knowledge of the processes and requirements for the training of auditors including syllabus, examinations and practical training.
- Knowledge of Audit Regulations, Delegation Agreements and the rules of the professional bodies.
- Knowledge of the Audit Regulation and Statutory Audit Directive.
- Strong problem-solving abilities: ability to analyse information and identify solutions.
- Ability to agree solutions with others.
- Ability to make decisions based on own investigation and analysis of the situation using logic and experience (including an assessment of impact and associated risk).
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Tomas.Keenan-Blair@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer him or her. We have a referral bonus scheme and will reward you with retail vouchers for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.