RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Project Manager for be based in Birmingham as a part of team within a specialist area of policing. You will be responsible for leading on regional projects which drive forward change, whilst working alongside and influencing senior leaders who are both internal and external to the organisation.
The successful candidate will champion innovative working and have a sound and demonstrable grasp of people and organisational change. The client is looking for a candidate who is focused and motivated and who can demonstrate strong leadership, management and decision making skills.
This role is a fixed term contract role for 2 years with an annual salary of £47,058 working Monday to Friday office hours. There will be a mix of office and remote working for this post with an office location in central Birmingham. This role will include occasional travel throughout the West Midlands and in the neighbouring police force areas.
- To work across the entire change portfolio and articulate business change needs
- To manage the work and priorities of the Project Team throughout the project lifecycle, defining appropriate products, standards and timescales, to ensure that the project delivers quality products to time and within budget
- To actively engage with the Project Owner, Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) and other stakeholders during the course of a project and communicate effectively on project deliverables to ensure they are well received by the recipients of the change and that the project is successfully delivered and benefits realised.
- To implement agreed solutions, ensuring compliance with the Force’s design principles, in accordance with force Project Management standards and methodologies
- Work within an allotted budget and monitor spends, make appropriate adjustments within agreed limits in order to see the project through to successful conclusion
- To advise Project Boards, resolve issues and recommend corrective action as appropriate so that projects are sustained and implemented, working within the agreed decision making process/project governance arrangements
- To prepare project documentation, using the Force’s Project Management standards and methodologies, associated toolkits and guidance. Setting out the project objectives, plan, costs and performance measures to ensure that work is carried out in a timely and effective manner and to meet budgets and deadlines where applicable.
- Work in partnership with West Midlands Police colleagues and outside agencies to provide advice and guidance on the projects in support of the force’s purpose, goals and objectives
- Apply relevant project standards incorporating the Gateway review process if required in order to ensure that projects are defined, governed and managed in a consistent manner across the organisation.
- Experience as a Project Manager within business transformation projects (scoping, planning and execution) with proactive change management and delivery of service change
- Experience with Project and Change Management methodologies, techniques and tools
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent project management training
- Managing multi-skilled teams operating in a matrix management environment and managing multiple work streams
- Managing senior stakeholders including SROs, Executive Teams
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Risk and Issue management
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicts (people and tasks)
- Networking, engagement, persuasion, influencing and communications skills
- Written, oral and presentations skills to include business case writing
- Strategically aware with the ability to see the ‘bigger picture’ but able to translate and describe in detailed plan form
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to build effective collaborative relationships with a wide range of professionals within and around West Midlands Police.
- Ability to understand the strategic aims and objectives of the organisation and be able to work at a strategic level with Chief Officers and other senior members of staff
- Strong numerical and verbal critical reasoning ability in order to think strategically, logically and clearly, and to take rational decisions and decisive action under pressure
- Ability to analyse both qualitative and quantitative information
- Ability to identify the wider implications of any change and the inter-dependencies between different initiatives
- Possesses a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experienced and competent in the use of MS Office applications (specifically Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com or call 0203 119 3346.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.