Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Birmingham based client for a Family Support Worker to work with victims of violence and abuse. You will raise awareness of the impact that domestic abuse has on the family and the challenges that are faced by adult victims in protecting their children from abuse.
This role is offered on a full time basis – 37.5 hours per week.
2 days working 10am-6pm and 3 days working 9am-5pm. 1 weekend per month.
This is a fixed term contract to the end of March 2022 with a salary of £20,849 pro rata.
To apply, you must possess a full driving license and be willing to travel.
- Consult with the family/children using evidence based tools to risk assess and identify their needs
- Develop effective packages of support tailored to meet the needs of the family in order to rebuild lives, confidence and independence
- Use motivational interviewing and a solution focused approach to deliver evidence based tools and interventions, working directly with the mother and child, together or separately, to build and strengthen their bond
- Use face to face and media platforms to develop and maintain positive relationships with children, young people and their families to enable them to engage
- Advocate on behalf of the children, young people and their families, supporting them in their interactions with support services
- Deliver family sessions and support children and parents to encourage positive attachment
- Identify the need for therapeutic interventions with the children and where possible deliver them or make contact with relevant local services to meet the emotional needs of the children
- Deliver evidence based parenting programmes in group and individual family settings as required. Please note that these may be delivered using different platforms and therefore encouraging participation and involvement is essential
- To be an active member of multi-agency networks and meetings, such as child protection conferences and core groups, maintaining good communications with other professionals involved and advocacy for the victim
- Minimum level 3 qualification in a related field.
- Good standard of general education, GCSEs English and Mathematics – Grade C or above
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and children, acknowledging safeguarding concerns and responding appropriately
- Experience of building and maintaining partnerships with other agencies
- Experience of managing complex casework, including issues such as child abuse, mental health, substance abuse, working with trauma in adults and children and crisis intervention
- Knowledge of the Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy and the gendered nature of violence
- Experience of appropriate use of evidence based therapeutic interventions that improve outcomes for children, young people and families
- Experience of taking the lead in coordinating support for individuals/ families in a multi-agency setting
- Able to communicate effectively with and advocate for vulnerable people, particularly those faced with barriers to accessing support, including language, cultural and other barriers
- A feminist perspective on how gender, social, economic, race, cultural, linguistic, religious and sexual orientation issues may impact on people’s lives
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0203 119 3364.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.