We are recruiting qualified Probation Service Officers to work within the Probation Service Kent Division. This can either be on a hybrid or remote working basis.
For these roles, we are offering a generous £250 to anyone who can attend the office and aren’t already known to us.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Liaising, providing information and advice to criminal courts, criminal justice agencies and other partner agencies
- Supervise and manage risk of those offenders subject to community sentences, during and after custodial sentences.
- Work with other agencies and groups to prevent crime and meet the needs of victims and offenders.
- • To undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed as low or medium risk of harm and to support the Probation Officer grade in high risk cases.
- When providing case manager support, to contribute to the delivery of the Risk Management plan and report significant changes relating to risk of harm and/or of reoffending or any non‐compliance within agreed enforcement procedures
- To use computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- Ensure effective referrals to services and facilities and communicate with offender management staff, interventions staff, service providers and external agencies to review progress and associated risks.
- To undertake prison, home or alternate location visits as required in accordance with service procedures and policies.
- To undertake work in the court setting, including the completion of appropriate reports on cases and prosecution of breaches.
- To provide cover within teams as required
- To deliver and co-lead accredited programmes commensurate with grade
- To conduct mandatory alcohol and drug tests as required, and to follow prescribed medication procedures
- Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
- Experience of working with a diverse range of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties and the need to use tact and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Understanding of factors related to offending e.g. substance misuse, accommodation issues and being able to emphasise constructively with a range of people
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of case management.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management/risk assessment as pertaining to offenders and the impact on victims of crime
- Experience in planning and coordinating work
- Understanding of Health & Safety legislation in the workplace
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity good practice
- Knowledge and understanding of the work of the Criminal Justice System and Probation Service
- Experience of working with groups or individuals in order to motivate and change behaviour
- Knowledge of the aims and objectives of the Probation Service
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if these role are not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please send them over for a generous £100 incentive bonus or voucher.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group. The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates. The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.