RSR Justice is a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the criminal justice sectors and more importantly, we are the preferred supplier to the Probation Service nationally.
We are currently recruiting qualified and experienced Probation Officers to work within the Probation Service across the Kent Division on either a remote or a hybrid working basis as Offender Managers.
For the roles attending the offices we are offering a generous incentive payment of £250. This is for anyone that is interested who hasn’t experienced temping with us before.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Providing professional advice and assessment, including written reports to courts, the Parole Board, other criminal justice agencies and partner organisations
- Undertaking the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed at all levels of risk of serious harm including high and very high.
- Using computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- Ensuring timely and effective referrals to, and relationships between, offender management, court teams, victim contact units, interventions, Approved Premises, prisons and external agencies to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk and reduce reoffending
- Attending professional meetings and represent the NPS at appropriate partnership forums e.g. MAPPA, MARAC
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, maintain effective team relationships and provide professional guidance and support to Probation Services Officer (PSOs) and other staff as appropriate
- Undertaking prison, home or other alternate location visits as required
- Responding to risk escalation requests raised by Community Rehabilitation Companies, determine risk level and if high risk (endorsed by a manager) decide on how this will be managed
- Carrying out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Demonstrating pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- Person Specification
- You will need to possess good IT skills and be able to ensure work is completed accurately within the timescales required. You will be able to multi-agency work to ensure the needs of the offender are supported.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with others including staff and offenders and have the ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies and your team.
- A current, Enhanced DBS check is required for these role, which we can process for you, along with a relevant qualification - DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent of another Probation or Social Work related qualification.
- You will also be required to undergo the NPS Enhanced Level 1 vetting prior to starting in post.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com
If you have been out of the probation service for more than 5 years or are retired and would be interested in returning - please email the above contact for more information!
Alternatively, if these role are not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please send them over for a £100 incentive bonus or voucher.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group