RSR Regulatory Services is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Regulatory Services talent market.
RSR Regulatory Services are recruiting for a Project Director in the Accounting and Reporting Policy Team at an independent regulator in the UK and Ireland.
This role will be offered on a 12 month fixed term or permanent contract, based in London (although flexible/remote working is allowed), paying £85,648 per annum.
As part of the Regulatory Standards Division, the Project Director will assist in delivering the organisations objective of setting high standards in corporate reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Perform research on studies, standards, reports and guidance available on the subject matter and related to the project, including from other standard setters;
- Develop a proposed project timetable with key milestones;
- Gather evidence and assess stakeholders’ views on the project, using formal and informal means as appropriate and at varying stages of the project;
- Assess proposals from other standard setters and similar bodies and interact as appropriate with staff of those bodies to understand the proposals and share our views;
- Identify possible members of project specific advisory groups;
- Arrange meetings, circulation of papers and taking of notes for project specific advisory groups;
- Prepare high-quality papers and other documents on time, and taking account of the views and advice of more senior staff;
- Present papers and other documents (eg consultation documents, draft response letters, draft FRC pronouncements) to the FRC’s advisory groups including, project specific advisory groups, UK GAAP Technical Advisory Group, the Corporate Reporting Council and Codes & Standards Committee (as appropriate) proposing solutions/responses;
- Prepare an impact assessment when relevant;
- In liaison with others, arrange for publication of documents when appropriate.
- Educated to degree level, with a professional or post-degree qualification, and at least five years post qualification experience.
- A qualified accountant with at least five years post qualification experience. (Desirable)
- Experience in standard-setting. (Desirable)
- Experience in technical accounting work or standard-setting or the ability to demonstrate a clear interest in these activities. (Desirable)
- Experience of the technical requirements or guidance in relation to wider corporate reporting, or the ability to demonstrate a clear interest in wider corporate reporting.
- Good understanding of the accounting and reporting regulatory framework in the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland.
- Appreciation of relevant international accounting and regulatory frameworks.
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications, and would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to John.Davis@rsg.ltd
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory Services is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer