RSR Police are currently seeking an Occupational Health Advisor to work with our law enforcement client. The role is a contract position, looking to start asap and will last for 6 months initially. This role will pay £19.46 per hour PAYE. This role is based in Saltburn-by-the-Sea.
You will be part of, and will support the Wellbeing Team in the provision of a professional and proactive service on all matters relating to Occupational Health and Wellbeing. Providing professional advice to Line Managers and Service Units on all health related matters in an occupational setting, in accordance with relevant legislation. With a focus on intervention and prevention, you will support current and prospective employees and ensure that they are fully able to perform the duties of their role.
- You will be able to work well as an individual and as part of a small team.
- Efficiently and effectively managing your own caseload, meeting deadlines and timescales as set down within Wellbeing protocols. To assist the wider team to provide an efficient and effective service.
- As part of a multi-disciplined team, to identify staff issues or trends and develop processes to support and signpost accordingly.
- Ensure Force Policies, Health and Safety Regulations and any other relevant legislation or professional codes of practice are understood and adhered to.
- Undertake Occupational Health assessments of clients referred to Wellbeing by Line Managers, consultations via telephone or face to face, to provide advice and guidance to Line Managers and Employee Relations Advisors regarding fitness for work and other health related issues.
- Develop and support a programme of health promotion initiatives for the Force.
- Provide effective attendance management advice to line managers and ER Advisor in line with Force Policy.
- Support the ongoing Psychological risk assessment program for the force as part of a regular Screening programme, or as a result of referral.
- Undertake health surveillance assessments for the workforce depending on the risk assessments relevant to their role and standards required.
- Undertake pre-employment screening including pre-employment drug testing, audiometry and spirometry testing.
- Identify and implement improvements within the Wellbeing team and service provision. Manage improvement projects within own area and develop and attend health promotion events across the Force area. Develop and deliver in-house training in relation to health related topics as required.
- Maintain and update procedural documentation in line with regulations, guidance and best practice.
- Maintain and interrogate electronic record systems in line with guidance to ensure pertinent information recorded.
- Update and maintain required database/systems, ensuring compliance with the NMC guidelines for records and record-keeping and compliance with the occupational health services medical confidentiality protocol.
- Maintain client confidentiality in all aspects of this roles in line with all principles including GDPR/Data Protection/Health Records Acts etc. To respect client/patient confidentiality at all times and not divulge client/patient information unless sanctioned by the requirements of the role.
- Provide support to manager/team/other teams as required working closely with the wider HR/Wellbeing team.
- Liaise and meet with internal service users, suppliers. Represent the wellbeing team as necessary at meetings or forums (internal and external) .
- Level one Registered General Nurse with current NMC PIN number
- Evidenced CPD / Revalidation Portfolio (NMC Registration)
- Two years post registration experience in general nursing and one year in an Occupational Health setting
- Up to date knowledge working in an occupational health setting and carrying out clinical assessments for fitness to work/ pre-employment assessments.
- Recognised qualification in Occupational Health or working towards qualification
- Knowledge of police pensions scheme / local government pension scheme
- Knowledge and understanding of working in a public sector organisation
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.