RSR Police are currently seeking an Investigator to work with our law enforcement client. The role is a contract position, looking to start asap and will last for 3 - 6 months initially but is likely to be extended. This role will pay £16.29 per hour PAYE. This role is based in Newbury.
To co-ordinate and support major / sensitive investigations, gathering evidence and intelligence in support of investigative strategy.
- Working in collaboration with key partner agencies tasked with the investigation of matters impacting on national security/serious & organised crime or CSE, assist with investigations in accordance with legislation and good practice, e.g. evidence collection and preparation.
- Provide support to the DS tasked with investigating any reactive or intelligence led operational activity, such as the review of digital storage media.
- Update and complete investigative actions as allocated through relevant systems, ensuring best evidence is achieved in accordance with the aims of the investigative strategy and relevant operating procedures.
- Attend briefings to participate in and where appropriate update the investigation team, identifying pertinent information and bringing this to the attention of the management team as appropriate, urgently if required.
- Prepare written reports summarising lines of enquiry, evidence and other investigative tasks.
- Conduct necessary administration including creating and maintaining documentation in support of investigative functions.
- Collect intelligence relating to investigations and record this on systems for dissemination, to assist in developing ongoing investigations across the south east region.
- Proven ability to carry out evidential and intelligence enquiries as part of a team.
- Recently trained, experienced and effective investigator.
- Proven ability to recognise sensitive information and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Self-motivated with flexible approach in terms of working times and able to cope with pressure, using initiative to solve problems.
- Proven ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels. Articulate, methodical, conscientious and concise.
- Effective working knowledge and experience of Criminal law and Criminal Justice procedures, Disclosure and CPIA.
- Experienced in the preparation RIPA applications and liaison with other connected departments.
- Effective working knowledge and experience of complex serious or series crime.
- Experience in preparation of written reports and investigative documents within particular fields and coordination of their execution.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.