RSR Regulatory is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Regulatory are currently recruiting for a Trading Standards Officer to work on behalf of a Local Authority on a temp ongoing contract.
Based in the Nottinghamshire area, as a Trading Standards Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring safe and fair trading throughout the locality.
Rate of pay offered £27 per hour via Umbrella.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To enforce Trading Standards legislation via a variety of methods including inspections, projects and targeted advice/education
- To conduct (and support other officers conducting) basic and complex investigations, producing a written report and attending court as necessary
- To provide basic and complex business advice and to act as a Primary Authority liaison officer as designated
- To provide advice and assistance to residents to resolve their basic and complex consumer problems, as applicable, and to prevent future similar problems
- To collect, assess, analyse and share intelligence in a lawful manner and to contribute to the Service's tasking and co-ordination process
- To lead on the development, management and delivery of cross cutting, multi-agency projects
- To lead teams of multi-agency officers on investigations and operations
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence
- Trading Standards / Management qualifications
- A thorough knowledge of criminal and (relevant) civil procedures and investigations legislation, including laws of evidence and disclosure
- Detailed knowledge of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA) and of surveillance and other covert techniques
- An understanding of the need for and the aims of a modern Trading Standards Service and the current challenges facing service delivery
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the application of workplace Health & Safety legislation
- Proven ability to interpret and apply complex legislation and similar documents
- Proven ability to investigate offences, prepare concise accurate information reports and give evidence in court proceedings
- Proven ability to lead successful projects
- Proven ability to advise businesses on complex legal requirements
This role will be subject to vetting.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now. Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.