RSR Regulatory Services is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets
RSR Regulatory are currently recruiting for a Communication and Engagement Manager to work with our client on a contract basis, initially for 5 months.
Birmingham based, the rate of pay offered for this role is up to £21.67 per hour.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop pro-active media approaches to promote the organisation with the aim of enhancing and protecting reputations
- Monitoring media activity, to take a proactive and/or reactive media handling stance depending on the issues, including encouraging fair and accurate reporting and proactive rebuttal of inaccurate media content
- Manage communications projects from end-to-end, including the production of high-quality communications toolkits
- Writing, editing, and distributing high-quality communications materials, appropriate for different channels and target audiences, ensuring that they are inclusive
- Act as the operational lead for all internal and external communications
- Manage the weekly staff briefing, ensuring executive colleagues are fully briefed, and colleagues have the opportunity to engage
- Oversee the management of the intranet, to ensure it is up-to-date, meets accessibility and best practice requirements
- To be the first point of contact for any Freedom of Information requests, ensuring accurate and high-quality responses
- Develop political handling plans, as required
- Monitor political activity, including delivering written and verbal briefings on key issues
- Provide intelligence, research, analysis and advice on political issues
- Educated to degree level
- Communications and engagement management experience within a complex organisation
- Significant experience of media relations
- Demonstrable experience in managing and delivering effective internal communications
- Developing evidence based research and deliverable communication and engagement plans
- Ability to give advice at a range of organisational levels
- Tailoring communications messages to key audiences in all sections of the community, including the media, hostile and antagonistic audiences
- Experience of accurately mapping stakeholders, understanding their influence and interest to ensure targeted and inclusive communications and engagement
- Designing, organising and managing high profile events for staff and the public
- Experience of creating opportunities and working collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Experience of working in complex project situations
- Excellent communication skills including the communication of sensitive and emotive issues, relating to people at all levels, dealing with senior colleagues with confidence, writing clearly for a range of audiences
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Natalie.email@example.com or call 02031193399.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.