Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Birmingham based client for a Specialist Case Manager (Domestic Abuse / Mental Health) to work with perpetrators of domestic violence.
This is an initial fixed term contract to January 2022.
The salary offered is £26.5k per annum.
- Work with a specialist case load of domestic abuse perpetrators who have mental health or psychological welfare needs, to support and stabilise this need to enable more effective offender management and in roads for domestic abuse intervention
- Provide advice, knowledge and share skills in your specialist area with other Case Managers to support their work with domestic abuse perpetrators
- Maintain a proactive response to service users, continuously providing positive options for behaviour change throughout the service user’s time in the project
- Use a combination of motivational work, relationship building and a broad range of therapeutic skills to engage service users to addressing their abusive behaviour
- Motivate and support service users to address the broad range of needs that may contribute to the risk that they pose to others or act as barrier for them in addressing that risk. e.g. housing, substance use etc
- To ensure that service users understand that the project will ensure that they are accountable for continued use of abuse and abusive behaviour towards others
- Ensure that there is a consistent delivery of services to the identified perpetrators of domestic abuse, including comprehensive risk assessment, support planning, and referrals to other agencies and MARACs
- Develop strategies that will disrupt the continued risk posed by service users
- Undertake assessment of risk, needs and attitudes to inform the individual service user’s intervention plan
- Respect and value the diversity of the community in which the service works in, providing a service that recognises the diverse needs of service users and their families
- Work closely with the IDVAs’ supporting the partners, ex-partners and new partners, and family members of service users in management risk and developing intervention plans
- Experience of working within a public protection/ safeguarding multi-agency setting .e.g. Child protection, vulnerable adults, MARAC, MAPPA
- Previous work with victims and or perpetrators of domestic abuse
- Prior work with service users with complex needs and/or challenging behaviour
- Experience of working with service users with diagnosed mental health issues
- Experience of working with service users with substance misuse
- Previous work with young people aged 16-25 years
- Must possess an excellent understanding of domestic abuse, mental health and multi agency working
- Have a thorough understanding of IDVA work including risk assessment, risk management and comprehensive safety planning
- Have theoretical and procedural knowledge of other services involved in the response to domestic abuse
- Understand the MARAC process at an operational level
- Understand the child protection system
- Experience of using pro-social modelling and motivational interviewing in practice
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 0203 119 3364.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.