RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Lead Investigators for a dynamic investigations team working nationally and reporting directly to a Deputy Senior Investigator. You will be responsible for delivering high quality investigations in a period of significant change and expansion for the employer.
This is a temporary contract until the end of March 2020, based in Warrington, Cheshire and is paying either £16.33 per hour PAYE or £20.68 per hour Umbrella.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead independent investigations including criminal and misconduct allegations in accordance with agreed guidelines
- Conduct investigations within agreed timescales, budget and quality standards
- Draft and agree Terms of Reference for allocated investigations
- Undertake investigative actions, including interviewing and taking statements, preparing case files and making recommendations for criminal and / or disciplinary action
- Taking part in criminal, misconduct and inquest proceedings where necessary
- Reporting to your Deputy Senior Investigator on investigation progress, areas of risk and resourcing requirements
- Write investigation reports upon completion of the investigation
- Communicate effectively with complainants, bereaved families and other internal and external stakeholders including the Crown Prosecution Service
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with Legal and News teams
- Take responsibility for personal development and achieving accreditation
- Assist the Directorate in achieving its key deliverables
- Analysing complex information, identifying the key issues and making effective decisions
- Driving licence valid for driving in England & Wales
- Experience providing investigative work and the authoring of reports regarding investigations under the Police Reform Act (PRA)
- Recent experience of leading investigations in the public, private sector or third sector
- Proven experience of conducting investigative interviews, evidence gathering, statement taking and analysis and presentation
- Proficiency in disclosure and exhibit duties for complex investigations including material from industry, overseas partners, and multiple sensitive sources
- Basic understanding of information management
- Good understanding of UK and international legislation affecting Agency activity
- Experienced in the management and presentation of exhibit evidence and disclosure schedules
- Strong IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good Analytical/data interpretation skills
- Proven experience of carrying out intelligence led investigations delivering criminal justice outcomes
- Experience of analysing information from a wide range of sources
- RIPA/CIPA trained
- Effective oral and written communication skills including report writing
An Enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Please note that applicants must not have worked for West Midlands, South Yorkshire or Merseyside Police.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 119 3399.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please refer them to us. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Investigator, criminal investigator, PIP2, PACE, PEACE, police jobs, criminal investigation jobs, police jobs, criminal justice jobs, law enforcement jobs, Cheshire, North West England, United Kingdom