RSR Police is currently recruiting for a Vehicle Recovery Liaison Officer for a specialised department based in Stevenage. The main responsibility for the officer will be to work within the recovery scheme, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To administer the scheme by authorising recovery invoices and the disposal of vehicles in line with Force Policy.
- To ensure that all financial matters and procedures relating to vehicle recovery are in accordance with force financial procedures and force policy.
- To challenge and develop staff that are not complying with Force policy. Providing guidance and training as appropriate to staff on vehicle recovery issues and to regularly review and update Force guidelines, as appropriate.
- To monitor and deal with all complaints in relation to the scheme, which will come from, solicitors, insurance companies, police officers and members of the public. By acknowledging letters, undertake full investigation with all parties involved. Ensure complaint is resolved in efficient and effective manner, and complainant informed of result in a timely fashion.
- To maintain and develop force policy requirements. By reviewing force policy on a regular occurrence to ensure it still complies with force requirements. This will involve circulation to relevant departments, including Legal and Heads of departments, with a view to taking any changes to the Policy Review Group.
- To attend and facilitate when necessary, meetings with recovery scheme managers, operators and council. To deal with issues, resolving complaints by communicating relevant issues to effected parties. To ensure scheme can run effectively.
- Knowledge and understanding of Force Vehicle Recovery Policy
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant sections of Road Traffic Act, Collisions policy and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Pay: £10.57ph PAYE or £13.26ph Umbrella
Contract: 3-6 month contract
Hours: Full time, no shifts
For further information, or to apply, please email – email@example.com or call 0203 119 3392
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.