RSR Police is currently recruiting for a Child Conference Liaison Officer to support the department by managing the systems and processes of the Public Protection Unit HUB, incorporating Child protection Conferences, supporting partners and the protection of vulnerable people within Bedfordshire.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing the PPU calendar ensuring attendance at all Initial Child protection conferences (ICPC’s)
- Attending review child protection conferences as appropriate also ensuring that reports /updates are sent to the conference managers at review periods and other relevant times during the course of the plan. Allocating ICPC’s to appropriate staff, including officers in the case (OIC).
- Keeping up to date records for all conferences referred to the PPU.
- Make decisions, on behalf of Bedfordshire police about the need for a child protection plan in the best interest of the child, having considered information shared at the conference by the police and other agencies.
- Challenge the views of other professionals, irrespective of status or organisation that are
- clearly inconsistent with Bedfordshire police values and, in the opinion of the Child protection
- conference liaison officer (CPCLO), contrary to the child’s best interest or contrary to justice. To immediately raise with managers any issues where there remains concern for the safety of
- a child.
- To assess the risk to individuals and the organisation with respect to the conference referrals which come into the PPU HUB and to disseminate, allocate to the appropriate department, team or agency? This will include making appropriate decisions based on research of police systems.
- Representing the department in taking part in strategy meetings, in person or telephony.
- Receiving, requesting, recording and researching information on police systems from Police
- personnel, other agencies and the public.
- Maintaining accurate records, filing and preparing reports for conference. In line with statutory guidance and legal parameters.
For further information, or to apply, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 119 3392
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.