RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for an Intelligence Analyst join one of their clients to provide analytical support through the production of analytical products at both an Investigative/Tactical and Strategic level to assist the senior management in a structured decision making process.
This is a contract role for 6 months with the potential to be extended, based in the South West region with some additional travel as required. This role pays between £17.54 – £21.32 PAYE, £21.92 - £26.69 Umbrella or £20.00-£24.31 Limited Company rate.
- Evaluate and interpret material relating to investigations
- Establish links and associations between material identifying intelligence gaps and inconsistencies within the material
- Identify and analyse trends and significant persons through the application of recognised analytical methodology
- Make recommendations based upon the analysis to assist current progress and identify potential new lines of enquiry
- Be knowledgeable about the application of analytical tools and techniques and contribute to the development of such tools and techniques
- Use analytical software and geographic information systems as appropriate to produce relevant and timely analytical charts
- Produce and present analytical products in an appropriate format and produce reports to accompany charts and maps
- Attend briefings and management meetings presenting analysis as appropriate
- Maintain close liaison with the Field Intelligence Officers and Researchers in order to focus data collection
- Liaise with Senior Investigating Officers to determine suitable parameters for analysis
- Search and retrieve material from internal sources
- Ensure that all analysis is undertaken in compliance with all relevant legislation and according to national standards of good practice
- Comply with the guidance in relation to collection, recording, evaluation, sharing, review, retention and disposal of information
- Demonstrate exemplary interpersonal communications skills including presentation, verbal and written skills
- Demonstrate a high level of computer literacy including MS Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Demonstrate established ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate data/ability to apply a range of analytical techniques to understand issues by logically analysing all the relevant factors
- Experience of statistical methods; understanding charts and tables and the ability to interpret data
- Experience of undertaking both qualitative and quantitative research
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative, working effectively with minimum of supervision whilst remaining team focused.
- Knowledge of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and the Intelligence Cycle
- Knowledge of analytical software including i2 Notebook, GIS Mapping, Holmes 5
- Demonstrate knowledge of current and relevant legislation (Data Protection Act, European Court of Human Rights, Freedom of Information etc)
- Experience of working in a Law Enforcement environment
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Gemma.McNally@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up to £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.