RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Fraud and Theft Investigator to work on a temporary ongoing basis.
Based in Coventry, as a Fraud and Theft Investigator, you will be responsible for the research and investigation of vehicle crime and development of intelligence for the prevention of crime.
The rate of pay offered is £12.99 per hour.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Investigate allegations of vehicle finance theft and fraud submitted for assessment by financial institutions, ensuring compliance with Home Office Crime Recording Standards, and Force and National policies
- Conduct financial intelligence research utilising specialist law enforcement data and commercial resources, develop and deliver intelligence reports to be disseminated for the purposes of crime prevention, counter fraud and detection
- Maintain regular specialist support and advice to private industry stakeholders, providing training and support to finance company sponsors
- Prepare evidential files for secondary investigation and development by local police
- Deliver time-critical effective and comprehensive guidance to law enforcement colleagues when dealing with vehicle seizure and recovery in line with lawful authorities, police powers and procedures, in order to maximise investigative opportunities and the securing of evidence, including the recovery of stolen vehicles
- To support national and international vehicle crime policing operations, instigate and respond to enquiries with international law enforcement agencies
- Provide an excellent service to victims, maintaining communications both written and oral
- Must have experience in evidence gathering preferably within a law enforcement environment
- A working knowledge of criminal law and the criminal justice system
- Excellent and evidenced report writing and communication skills e.g. the production of clear, concise and accurate records, letters and reports
- To be computer/keyboard literate and a competent keyboard user
- Must have at least two years' investigative experience
- To have an understanding of data protection issues in order to ensure that information is handled and filed correctly
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment working with partner agencies
This role will be subject to enhanced vetting.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com or call 0203 119 3399.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.