RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for 2 Research and Evaluation Analysts to be based in Northampton.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract position on a salary of £28,653 - £31,374 per annum, dependent on experience.
The purpose of this role will be to provide evaluation and research expertise to support work across the organisation; providing direct support and to advise for internally led projects on managing research and evaluation commissioned from the client and supporting organisations.
- Support organisational learning and decision making through the use of evidence from research and evaluations.
- Improve the understanding of available evidence and integrate best practice within evaluations to inform recommendations and opportunities to improve working practices.
- Collate qualitative and quantitative information from both internal and external sources, relevant to research and evaluation.
- Maintain data sources specifically relating to staff, victim and public experiences.
- Continually improve analytical processes and assess and validate existing models for performance optimisation.
- Evaluate business activity to identify best practice and share widely with the organisation and professional bodies where appropriate.
- Build strong relationships and work collaboratively with the wider organisation and external partners to specifically include academic institutions.
- Maintain high levels of quality and accuracy in the writing of formal reports.
- Provide organisational support in the interpretation and use of evidence and act as a champion of evidence-based policing practices.
- Knowledge of policing issues impacting upon the organisation and partner agencies.
- Strong background and experience in research methodology, design and application (conducting interviews, designing questionnaires, design, implement and evaluate experiments such as randomised control trials, sampling etc.).
- Strong skills in critical thinking to include knowledge of validity and reliability in the application and interpretation of research.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Previous experience using statistical software such as SPSS.
- A comprehensive understanding of descriptive and inferential analysis.
- Experience of managing and delivering complex research and evaluation projects/work streams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain results to a non-technical audience.
- Experience of writing formal reports to a high standard.
- Ability to self-motivate, meet tight deadlines, and prioritise workloads whilst maintaining data integrity
- Good IT skills especially Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills
- Prepared and able to travel to other locations as required
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python, R, SQL)
- Experience of using Business Objects
This role will be subject to vetting.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0203 119 3399 .
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within 7 working days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.