RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Crime Bureau Investigator to work on a temporary basis for 3 – 6 months.
Based in Leicestershire, as a Crime Bureau Investigator, you will be responsible for making decisions on the progress of criminal and non-criminal investigations using the appropriate decision making model.
This position has shift patterns rotating on a weekly basis.
Rate of pay offered is £10.22 per hour plus shift allowance.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To record, update & investigate crimes, complying with national and local guidance and standards on the management of police information
- Provide a high quality call handling service to members of the community and the Force who are reporting non-attendant crime reports
- Promote positive relationships and confidence with members of the public by delivery of a professional service and initiating the appropriate course of action
- To take reports of crime over the telephone ensuring that recorded crimes are classified in line with national & local compliance standards
- To act as the initial investigator, utilise the Force solvability / allocation matrix, determining the most appropriate response for each crime; complying with investigative standards guidance. This may include identifying and recording potential lines of enquiry as appropriate and making appropriate referrals to the relevant neighbourhood team manager
- Allocate crime reports with solvability to the appropriate team
- To liaise with and provide a professional service, to colleagues across the force, external agencies and other forces
- Link and validate suspect and property update entries within Crime recording system
- Ensure that all decisions on administrative ‘non crimes’ are appropriately recorded; adhere to the retention and destruction policy in accordance with the requirements of external audit agencies and monitor and audit performance indicator information
- To use relevant Force IT systems to manage calls and recording of crime in compliance with local, regional and national guidelines
- To resolve calls from the call taker / IVR / external contacts regarding a member of the public who is reporting a crime / non crime that does not require attendance
- To answer, investigate and resolve enquiries and demonstrate ownership of each call & for other forms of contact
- To provide help, advice and reassurance to customers ensuring that their needs and expectations are properly assessed & recorded and the appropriate service offered
- Experience where it has been necessary to receive information, identify the salient points, draw conclusions and initiate appropriate action
- Experience of communicating effectively by telephone and / or radio systems
- Experience of working in a similar environment that provides a service to customers in emergency situations
- Possess knowledge of legislation in relation to crime
- Have an understanding of National Crime Recording Standards and Home Office Counting Rules
- Possess knowledge of Police IT systems in particular the Command & Control and Crime and Intelligence systems
- Possess knowledge of Management of Police Information (MOPI)
- Have knowledge of legislation relating to Data Protection and the Freedom of Information
This role will be subject to vetting.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 119 3399.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.